High chlorine before closing

Bobbianne, a few additional comments:
- What are you using to test the chlorine (specifically the FC level)?
- What is the product you are referring to as "shock"? Typically here at TFP, we rely on regular liquid bleach as a sanitizer unless someone has a salt water generator
- When the FC (free chlorine) level is high, the only thing to do is let it sink back down on its own. In the winter, when the water is cold, it will take longer. Just have to wait it out.

Depending on your reply, we may have more suggestions for you, especially since this is your first year with the pool. Don't be shy! Ask those questions so we can help. Have a nice day.

We'll be more than happy to help you more as needed. Based on your last reply, I would like to pass along the following:
- Pool store testing and test strip, while they may seem convenient, are perhaps the biggest factor resulting in poor chemical maintenance. This is because strips are extremely inaccurate, and store testing, typically performed by seasonal workers and/or under incandescent lighting, provides unreliable results. We see this all the time. I would encourage you to speak to some of your fellow Canadian members locally or here on the forum and look for a good source to obtain the Taylor K-2006C test kit for next season. Testing is easy once you get the hang of it, and you'll probably save lots of money in the process.
- Always feel free to read our Pool School page and the various basic info provided. You'll see some of them in my signature link below. They can help you a lot as well.
Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful winter holiday. We'll be here if you need us. Have a nice weekend.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.