Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Richmond, Tx

New Pool

First off I have to say, this site has been great and I have learned a lot about caring for my new pool. While I am not new to pools, this is my first that I have had built to my specs.

But, I have run into an issue. My pool vacuum hose keeps getting sucked into my skimmer. What can I do to prevent this? I am running a Hayward Aquanaut 400.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: New Pool

Welcome to the forum. Should be pretty easy to make a wooden "fence" to keep the hose out and still let the water in. Something like that may even be available online and you wouldn't have to fabricate it.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Carlsbad, NM

Re: New Pool

That happens to me when the water level is too low. Adjusting the skimmer valve to have a little less suction helps too. My skimmer works well even with a low percentage of the pump intake being fed with the skimmer.
    36' x 18' 20k in ground, Finest Finish grey plaster, Pentair Tagelus 100D sand filter, Hayward Northstar 2hp pump, Jandy LRZ125EN heater, spill over spa, iaqualink controlled automation, Stenner chlorination, natural rock and flagstone coping, 1" glass mosaic waterline tile, SR Smith Vortex slide.