Nov 14, 2015
Los Angeles
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all,

I have a pool and I just started learning about the BBB method. I am waiting for my Taylor K2006 tester in the mail. In the meantime, I am using Leslie pool strips which may not be as accurate but give me something to work off at least. I had a green pool last month, but started the SLAM process, but with shock packets from Home Depot. For the past 2 weeks, the pool has been cloudy (but not green). I added 242 oz of 8.5% chlorine since I haven't added since last week. Just wanted to know if I'm doing this right or if you would do something differently.

Pool specs:
~12500 gallons
Non-SWG

Most current Leslie pool strips after adding chlorine today:
FC: 10
FA: 200
pH: 7.8
CYA: 40

If your CYA is anywhere near right using those test strips (most likely not).........Your SLAM level for 40 is a minimum of 16 and MUST be maintained until you pass all 3 criteria of the SLAM procedure. You may have scared it a little but you certainly have'nt KILLED it.

You ARE on the right track in that you have ordered a good test kit.

If you want to do something to hold your water in place (not get worse) you can add a jug of bleach a day while running your pump 24/7 and brushing the pool at least once a day.

While you are waiting for your test kit you start reading this link....

Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

I would also encourage you to read this link.........

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

It will help you know the whys and how of TFP so that when you get your water looking like a jewel you will know how to keep it that way!

Let us know when your test kit gets there!

Kim

The Taylor K2006 just came in!

The pool i still cloudy to half of the depth of the pool. I just tested the pool for the following:

FC: 3
CC: 0.6
pH: 8.0
CYA: 0

I just added another 121 oz of 8.5% clorox chlorine. I won't be able work on the pool until next weekend. But I'm thinking of adding CYA to increase CYA to 30-40 so that the chlorine doesn't get destroyed by the sun too quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.