Buying a new liner......LIL help here?

kalm

Apr 20, 2009
I'm getting ready to order a new liner for my 24' ag pool ,it has 52" walls and the center has been dug about 10" deeper.Do I need an expandble liner? When the installers were excavating for it I asked if I could have it a little deeper in the center.No problem he said "the liner will fit better that way".I assumed at the time it was a standard liner but I don't want to order the wrong size.

If you don't get an expandable overlap or true-expandable variable depth liner, you do run the risk of tearing at the seams, or having to place the liner so the seams are not in the right locations. My experience in this space has been if you use a non-expandable liner (any regular overlap or beaded) and then it tears due to the deeper middle, it will not be covered under warranty.

I have a deep end of 72 inches, and I am going with the Lomart true-expandable liner because I had issues with a cheaper overlap expandable liner that lasted me only 1 season (partially quality, partially issues with the contractors mistakes in prepping the ground) After the disaster using a lower end liner, I am going to pay more for the Lomart. Lomart is the sister company of doughboy, meaning you can order online, unlike doughboy. I found that poolstore.com/pool-store.com had the best rates

poolproducts.com has a 10% off coupon if you dign up for their newsletter, but you have to pay tax if they are in your state, which impacts me. Also, it is a custom order there, so it takes longer...

Hope this helps!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.