Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 2nd time around and want to do it right

1. Back To Top    #1

2nd time around and want to do it right

We live in Dallas and in the process of building our 2nd pool. This one will be roughly 22k gallon,with spa. Will be gunite / pebble tech finish.
    POOL Equipment

Pentair Intelliflow pump
    Pentair Filter: FNS +60 wf (oversized)
    Lights: Pentair Intellibrite
    Automation: Jandy, IAqualink

Heater: Raypak RHEEM

Would like feedback-opinions on the following:

Debating on salt water (first pool was chlorine / O3)

I'm leaning towards no salt but will listen to reason.

After reading some excellent threads on this site, I now doubt if the residential O3 generator I've used for years did much of anything. Again open to feedback or suggestions on specific units that may work (I was planning to add an O3 generator to new pool but now have trepidation).

Robotic Cleaner: debating on Dolphin DX4, DX5 or DX6 (any suggestions?)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Longview, Texas

Re: 2nd time around and want to do it right

welcome to TFP.

One thing I would recommed, Is to keep your automation system the same as your variable speed pump.
    Its going to be difficult for the intelliflo pump to communicate with a Jandy iAqualink automation system.
    The communications between automation and VS pump is via RS422 and the comms protocol are not always the same from one manufacturer to another. For that matter, neither are the communication cable connectors.

to go SW or not is more of a personal choice than anything. I wouldnt be without mine, but thats just me.
    Again, if you do decide to go with a SWG, you need to keep the manufacturer the same as whichever automation system you use.

Leave the O3 sytem out. They dont do much, if anything, for an outdoor residential pool. Chlorine is a much better source for sanitizing the water.

dolphin cleaners enjoy a good reputation. There are lots to choose from and again, its a matter of personal choice as to how many bells and whistles you want. Im sure any of the models you listed will clean about as well as the other.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tallahassee, FL

HI! What fun! I just wanted to say "Yea what he said ^^^^^^^^^^" LOL

Do you have a design yet?

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks Dave. Great feedback. Will go with a Pentair automation system and Pentair SWG if we decide on salt......will save the $$$ and eliminate O3.

- - - Updated - - -

No pool design yet....I was more interested in getting the hardware selected and correct......and we are building a new house as well, so that's taking priority. Cheers