Hey Mates !
Need your suggestions & help on my 1st swimming pool. Before I start with the specifics, few points I would like to mention.
1. This pool is for a farmhouse which is on 45 minutes drive from my home (only my parents stay there)
2. The location is in India, I however stay in middle east & visit once every 3 months
3. The total area of the plot is about 15000 SQ FT and it is on the top of a mountain with a solid rock as base
4. The layout is as below -
a. The entry of the plot is huge garden with lots of plantation (planned)
b. The house is towards the end of plot, there is empty are after this where i plan to put the pool. After this is the end of cliff.
Few other points on usage & type -
1. The location perfect for a infinity pool/vanishing edge because of the edge of the cliff & open view from that spot.
2. This pool will not be used daily, only when i visit India & when my parents go there with their friends. This again may be once in 2 weeks or so. But they will visit for 3-4 days at a stretch.
3. Water is available, not in abundance but available.
4. Electricity might be a challenge at times given the remote location.
5. I don't want a pool to do laps. Need something where friends can enjoy, play some water sports, enjoy pool parties & sit in the pool (drink in hand) & enjoy the view.
I have not put a budget to this, however would like to cut expenses wherever possible. I WANT a budget pool. Generally the contractor here makes concrete pools. As this is very far from a Metro city, i am not sure whether i can get good pool experts here. The only option available is our contractor who is building the house & he can build concrete pool only.
Need your suggestion & inputs on the type of pool i should go for ? I need to know the alternate options that i have ( a spa or a big Jacuzzi in the open). What is the kind of maintenance i am looking at ?
Please fill in me with the different options available today.