Just Getting Started Queen Creek, AZ

Aug 5, 2015
Queen Creek
Just got our first CAD drawing back from our designer. We opted to use Build Your Own Pools (BYOP). I had a few suggested additions, but this looks like a winner!
View attachment 43927

Suggested changes -

*Ensure waterfall is at the grotto (assumed, but wanted to make sure).
*Add two LED Lamineers at the outside of the slide and another by the rock near the spa.
*Umbrella hole on baja shelf and another near the large step by the spa.
*Add addition lights (drawing only showed two lights one in the spa and another at the grotto).
*Fire/Water bowls in place of just fire bowls (see picture below)

Looks like this is going to be awesome!!!! I am in the middle of an owner build as well. Tile and coping is finished and decking is moving along quickly. The Shotcrete crew i used is out of queen creek and they were AWESOME. PM Me if you want the details. Looking forward to following your build.

Josh

WOW! I LOVE those fire/water bowls! Such an awesome touch!

Have you painted or drawn the pool with rope on the yard yet? That is a great way to really see if is fits, is it big enough, etc.

We would LOVE to see a pic of where it is going to go.

Kim

The water fire bowls are amazing!! We really wanted to do them but our neighborhood doesn't have gas and I didn't want to have to deal with burying a large propane tank or constantly refilling small bottles. Your pool is gonna be awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW! I LOVE those fire/water bowls! Such an awesome touch!

Have you painted or drawn the pool with rope on the yard yet? That is a great way to really see if is fits, is it big enough, etc.

We would LOVE to see a pic of where it is going to go.

Kim

When they came out we kinda did a layout with the hose, which gave us a good idea of how it would fit. Hopefully I will get an updated drawing either today or tomorrow and then on to the next step. I will post pictures as this one moves along :).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks great!!! This is going to be a awesome pool. We wanted to do a grotto type structure but unfortunately I had to put the money into a new patio. Our house had one of those crappy aluminum structures. Had to put the 15k into the patio. Anyways, I really like the fire bowls!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would rethink the lights facing the house. Anyone sitting by the house or inside the house will be looking right into the lights.

BUT I bet they will be pretty shining through the water coming from the fire/water pots at night time.

Just something to think about while you are still in the planning stages.

Kim

Kimkats, what lights facing the house? The light showing in the back is fire/water bowls. Is that what you were referring too? In the 3D drawing, that is just the water coming out of the pot I believe. Let me know :D

- - - Updated - - -

Great design! What is that piece that's below the spa? Planter?

I think it is just the rock surrounding the spa. Is that what you are referring too?

Sorry folks, it has been awhile since I have posted. Thank you all for your comments. Things have been moving and grooving. So far we have excavated, bought the pool equipment, plumbed, steel, electrical, and they shot the shotcrete yesterday. Below are some of the details. As a side note, we changed from doing the fire/water combination bowls to a fire bowl on top and a CMP LED sheer waterfall on the column (saved a little money going that route).

Pool Equipment -

2 x Pentair VS Pump
1 x Pentair IntelliFloXF VS Pump
Pentair Intellitouch w/4 actuators and 2 temp sensors
Pentair Mastertemp Gas Heater (400 BTU)
Pentair Ultra Temp HP140 Heat Pump
2 x Pentair Intellibrite 5g pool lights
1 x Pentair Intellibrite 5g spa light
3 x Pentair GloBrite
2 x Pentair LED Bubblers
2 x Pentair LED Laminar
3 x Brilliant Wonders LED Sheers

Excavation -

Unfortunately for us, we started our excavation just as a storm rolled through (started on a Monday) and my paver driveway got ruined. The good part was that they started and then waited a week to finish up in order to prevent cave-ins. They took a ton of dirt out and after the dig I was starting to wonder if the pool was deep.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so for some reason it isn't letting me upload pictures.. says I am exceeding my quota. Any ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

Great design! What is that piece that's below the spa? Planter?

Yes, I have a couple of existing raised garden beds there. I would attach a picture but it isn't letting me :(

- - - Updated - - -

I would rethink the lights facing the house. Anyone sitting by the house or inside the house will be looking right into the lights.

BUT I bet they will be pretty shining through the water coming from the fire/water pots at night time.

Just something to think about while you are still in the planning stages.

Kim

Thank you Kim! The electrician suggested the same thing and we pointed the GloBrite in the Cave pointing upward so as not to point back toward the house.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello,

Great design! I am guessing your pool turned out to be great.

I am a new OB working on design for a pool/spa in Gilbert, AZ. Can you please send me the list of subs you used? Would you recommend the ones you used? I truly appreciate your help my e-mail is: [email protected]

Rob

Rob, let me know if you are still looking. I have some good ones and others that I wouldn't recommend..

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.