Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Getting Started Queen Creek, AZ

1. Back To Top    #1

Just Getting Started Queen Creek, AZ

Just got our first CAD drawing back from our designer. We opted to use Build Your Own Pools (BYOP). I had a few suggested additions, but this looks like a winner!
    Attachment 43927

Suggested changes -

*Ensure waterfall is at the grotto (assumed, but wanted to make sure).
    *Add two LED Lamineers at the outside of the slide and another by the rock near the spa.
    *Umbrella hole on baja shelf and another near the large step by the spa.
    *Add addition lights (drawing only showed two lights one in the spa and another at the grotto).
    *Fire/Water bowls in place of just fire bowls (see picture below)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just Getting Started Queen Creek, AZ

Looks like this is going to be awesome!!!! I am in the middle of an owner build as well. Tile and coping is finished and decking is moving along quickly. The Shotcrete crew i used is out of queen creek and they were AWESOME. PM Me if you want the details. Looking forward to following your build.

Josh
    Freeform /620 Surface/110 perimeter/20k gal/ Raised bond beam/Baja shelf (2)//Pentair- Intelliflo VS pump, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp// Easytouch, C&C 520 Cartridge, Intellichlor SWCG// A&A- Magnasweep in-floor, LeafVac, Venturi Skimmer,// Mini-pebble (Aqua Blue w abalone shell)//4 Pentair Globrite LEDs//3 sheer descents//Travertine coping and decking.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Josh! I will send you a message. They have not yet sent my drawing out to the subs yet, but I am definitely looking for recommendations. Thank you!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Welcome to the forum.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

WOW! I LOVE those fire/water bowls! Such an awesome touch!

Have you painted or drawn the pool with rope on the yard yet? That is a great way to really see if is fits, is it big enough, etc.

We would LOVE to see a pic of where it is going to go.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

The water fire bowls are amazing!! We really wanted to do them but our neighborhood doesn't have gas and I didn't want to have to deal with burying a large propane tank or constantly refilling small bottles. Your pool is gonna be awesome!!!

Freeform /620 Surface/110 perimeter/20k gal/ Raised bond beam/Baja shelf (2)//Pentair- Intelliflo VS pump, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp// Easytouch, C&C 520 Cartridge, Intellichlor SWCG// A&A- Magnasweep in-floor, LeafVac, Venturi Skimmer,// Mini-pebble (Aqua Blue w abalone shell)//4 Pentair Globrite LEDs//3 sheer descents//Travertine coping and decking.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    WOW! I LOVE those fire/water bowls! Such an awesome touch!

Have you painted or drawn the pool with rope on the yard yet? That is a great way to really see if is fits, is it big enough, etc.

We would LOVE to see a pic of where it is going to go.

Kim
    When they came out we kinda did a layout with the hose, which gave us a good idea of how it would fit. Hopefully I will get an updated drawing either today or tomorrow and then on to the next step. I will post pictures as this one moves along .

8. Back To Top    #8

Pictures, we love pictures and details of what is happening!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

I love the fire/water bowls! I'm hoping to add them in my build!
    Beautiful design!!
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

10. Back To Top    #10

3D renderings are in.Attachment 44009

- - - Updated - - -

Attachment 44010

11. Back To Top    #11

Looks great!!! This is going to be a awesome pool. We wanted to do a grotto type structure but unfortunately I had to put the money into a new patio. Our house had one of those crappy aluminum structures. Had to put the 15k into the patio. Anyways, I really like the fire bowls!!!!

12. Back To Top    #12

Great design! What is that piece that's below the spa? Planter?
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

13. Back To Top    #13

I would rethink the lights facing the house. Anyone sitting by the house or inside the house will be looking right into the lights.

BUT I bet they will be pretty shining through the water coming from the fire/water pots at night time.

Just something to think about while you are still in the planning stages.

Kim

14. Back To Top    #14

Kimkats, what lights facing the house? The light showing in the back is fire/water bowls. Is that what you were referring too? In the 3D drawing, that is just the water coming out of the pot I believe. Let me know

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marlahoutex View Post
    I think it is just the rock surrounding the spa. Is that what you are referring too?

15. Back To Top    #15

Jacob those look like lights under the fire/water bowls. You could be right in that he is showing where the water is hitting pool. Check to make sure........that way you can plan.

Kim

16. Back To Top    #16

Hello,

Great design! I am guessing your pool turned out to be great.

I am a new OB working on design for a pool/spa in Gilbert, AZ. Can you please send me the list of subs you used? Would you recommend the ones you used? I truly appreciate your help my e-mail is: rsiddapp@gmail.com

Rob

17. Back To Top    #17

Sorry folks, it has been awhile since I have posted. Thank you all for your comments. Things have been moving and grooving. So far we have excavated, bought the pool equipment, plumbed, steel, electrical, and they shot the shotcrete yesterday. Below are some of the details. As a side note, we changed from doing the fire/water combination bowls to a fire bowl on top and a CMP LED sheer waterfall on the column (saved a little money going that route).

Pool Equipment -

2 x Pentair VS Pump
    1 x Pentair IntelliFloXF VS Pump
    Pentair Intellitouch w/4 actuators and 2 temp sensors
    Pentair Mastertemp Gas Heater (400 BTU)
    Pentair Ultra Temp HP140 Heat Pump
    2 x Pentair Intellibrite 5g pool lights
    1 x Pentair Intellibrite 5g spa light
    3 x Pentair GloBrite
    2 x Pentair LED Bubblers
    2 x Pentair LED Laminar
    3 x Brilliant Wonders LED Sheers

18. Back To Top    #18

Sounds like you've been busy! Can't wait to see pics!
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

19. Back To Top    #19

Excavation -

Unfortunately for us, we started our excavation just as a storm rolled through (started on a Monday) and my paver driveway got ruined. The good part was that they started and then waited a week to finish up in order to prevent cave-ins. They took a ton of dirt out and after the dig I was starting to wonder if the pool was deep.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so for some reason it isn't letting me upload pictures.. says I am exceeding my quota. Any ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marlahoutex View Post
    Yes, I have a couple of existing raised garden beds there. I would attach a picture but it isn't letting me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    I would rethink the lights facing the house. Anyone sitting by the house or inside the house will be looking right into the lights.

BUT I bet they will be pretty shining through the water coming from the fire/water pots at night time.

Just something to think about while you are still in the planning stages.

Kim
    Thank you Kim! The electrician suggested the same thing and we pointed the GloBrite in the Cave pointing upward so as not to point back toward the house.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rsiddappa View Post
    Hello,

Great design! I am guessing your pool turned out to be great.

I am a new OB working on design for a pool/spa in Gilbert, AZ. Can you please send me the list of subs you used? Would you recommend the ones you used? I truly appreciate your help my e-mail is: rsiddapp@gmail.com

Rob
    Rob, let me know if you are still looking. I have some good ones and others that I wouldn't recommend..

20. Back To Top    #20

Excavation2.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast