Step sights

TulsaKevin

Platinum Supporter
Dec 8, 2014
Tulsa OK
Finishing up on our pool, they sprayed the pebbletec yesterday, I noticed we didn't have any step sights/markers. I asked the pb and he says that they usually do not put them on pebble finishes. I personally think that is not accurate. I have seen several that have had it plus he previously have me a catalog that had several in. Due to some issues with the pb I basically quit talking to them for the last few weeks, nothing major just the typical construction lying business that they are all in. Anyway, not going to fight it, supposed to have the acid wash today and then water.

Question. Can you add step sights after the pool build is done to a pebble finish pool.

I will post pics on my build sight soon. We still have allot of house construction going on the outdoor kitchen so it is all one big mess

I guess you mean something permanently installed so the step edge is clearly visible.

I would say not too many residential pools have them but that is just from observation here on the forum.

I wish my pool had them but I do not.

I've been wondering about your pool! I'm sorry to hear about your issues at the end. I hope it hasn't spoiled the whole experience and that you are still pleased with the overall product.

I, too, have seen where people have done the tile step markers on a pebble finish (especially here in this forum), but I did have one builder who uses Pebble Tech tell me that as long as I'm not concerned about possible scratches to the tiles from the polishing step that the manufacturer uses, I would be fine. I think another builder told me that I couldn't do it because you can't press the pebble between the grout lines, but another member on this site (Jaimslaw) said his builder used the plaster cream from the pebble finish to fill in the grout lines. So, all that is to say that I think you are right that your builder was just giving you a line, and not only is it possible to do the markers, many people do.

I'm not sure there is a way to add them after the fact though. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you there.

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of your build. I hope you don't encounter any more issues with your builder.

My recent build used a much higher concentration of glass chips to define the whole step. I reckon it looks quite good. A lot of aussie builders use sandstone on the step but i personally don't like the look of it

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.