Older Leisure Bay Spa needs some help heating up

Nov 12, 2015
Davenport, FL
I just signed up to the forum after searching for help with our hot tub. We have a hand me down LB that has served us well for about ten years. Last season it would not heat up and we feared it was done for. A local service man came over and literally jiggled some wires and it came on and worked all season reliably heating up and jets working etc. This season it comes on but turns off at about 90 degrees and one end of the tub has no jets. I'm told the weak link is the S2 topside control panel. I am going to try the wire jiggling myself this weekend. Should I replace the control panel? I wondered if there might be anything else I could look at? Spa is wired 220 volts.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Temp on panel reads 78 after running all afternoon, actual temp is 78 by thermometer. Filter was dirty so I removed it and have it soaking overnight. Jets are great on one end, but nothing on the other end. Plan to check voltage on the heating element tomorrow. Any advice greatly appreciated. Cool weather is finally here and no hot tub!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.