Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Grout Color Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Gilbert, AZ

Grout Color Question

Hello All-

When we chose our grout color our PB suggested going with a grout that matches the tile (blue). I am hesitant to use blue grout, that sounds scary! I thought a beige, which matches the browns in the tile and the ledgestone would look nicer. What did everyone else do??

2. Back To Top    #2

Palm City, Florida

Re: Grout Color Question

We weren't asked. Our pool is nearly done, and earlier in the process, when they did the waterline tile (NPT Iridium Blue - the lighter one), they used white grout. I asked them why we were not given a choice about the grout color, and they said they usually use white because it makes the tile "pop". I have to say it looks great, and we are happy with it. It's not a real stark white, so maybe that's why it works. Maybe they can show you your tile with a grout sample to get a better idea of what it would look like.
    Dig was September 21st and it's been "full steam ahead" since. It is a 16' x 32' free form with an 18" high wall (steps on each side) with two 24" water features, salt water, sun deck (10'), and a spa (8') with a 48" spillover. All Pentair products and color LED lights. Screen enclosed.

3. Back To Top    #3

Mesa, AZ

Re: Grout Color Question

We used a grey with our tile. The tile is a darker blue. We wanted grey because it will not show stain or dirt etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Freeform /620 Surface/110 perimeter/20k gal/ Raised bond beam/Baja shelf (2)//Pentair- Intelliflo VS pump, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp// Easytouch, C&C 520 Cartridge, Intellichlor SWCG// A&A- Magnasweep in-floor, LeafVac, Venturi Skimmer,// Mini-pebble (Aqua Blue w abalone shell)//4 Pentair Globrite LEDs//3 sheer descents//Travertine coping and decking.