Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Introduction

1. Back To Top    #1

Introduction

My name is Jeremy and I reside in Scottsdale AZ. I have nice sized 22,000 gal in-ground pool and spa with pebble sheen. This is my 2nd house and 2nd pool. I've always had a service person take care of my pool but wanted to now step into that role and incorporate some time each week and do it myself. I'm very handy and capable, but know very little about the proper maintenance of a pool. I'm looking forward to reading a lot and learning from the forum members.
    16,000 gal Pebble Sheen pool w/ spa, Jandy Aqualink, Hayward Salt system, 60 SF DE Filter, Hayward Gas Heater, Caretaker In-floor pop-up cleaning system.
    2hp Whisperflow for filter, 2hp Dynaglass for booster, 2hp for blower, 1hp Dynaglass for scuppers.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Introduction

We'll be glad to help you in any way possible Jeremy. As for maintaining your pool, please start at the Pool School page and ABCs of Water Chemistry. I have a link below in my sig. Also make sure you have either a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006 test kit to test the water. Everything you do for your water is based off of either one of those kits. Test strips and free pool store testing will only get you in trouble. Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

First and most important step------one of our recommended test kits.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP! The first two responders have given you good advice that I will second (...actually third)
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.