Leaf Master

I had one of those at my last house and the one I'm in now...they were already there from the previous
owners. I haven't had a need to use it, but looking at the design It would seem to work well.

i have one and would not purchase again. It is of very limited capacity, a little bit unwieldy to move around and by the time you have it hooked up to the hose and the handle and into the pool, You could have already finished the job with high quality leaf net......here's one but there are others.leaf net. jpg.jpg

I agree with Dave, I have used both and once you know the right way to use a leaf net, not like a leaf rake (don't laugh somehow I really didn't know but once I started scooping and not raking - wow!) it is efficient and faster than the Leaf Master.

Alright, so what is the difference in a leaf net and a leaf rake? lol I have leaves at the bottom of my deep end that I can't get up with my leaf net (rake?). I can get to them and get some, but the rest just disintegrate and move around.

I mislabeled mine. That is generally called a leaf rake. Used to "scrape" lot's of leaves from the pool floor.

The smaller flimsy ones are called leaf nets.....used for skimming leaves off the surface.

Wjaneala, I have a very deep deep end and a nearby terrace that the pole hits so getting leaves out of the diving well is a special form of spastic ballet...BUT I also own one of the leaf masters. In short, I used it to give me relief when back was sore hauling tons of leaves from foreclosure pool...then it was very useful though less efficient in terms of time than a leaf rake used properly.

Now, since I never let my leaves accumulate to that degree, I do not bother to set it up.

A second usefulness is in swampy conditions when you cannot see -- it will "pick up" larger debris whie you just stand there.

To make it work best, put a floating ball or something in the net to keep the net verticle. It will get collected leaves sitting around doube drains (eventually) but so too will the leaf rake if you use a "sweep" motion to dislodge them and then on backswing collect them.

Like I said, spastic ballet is the key ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Wjaneala, I have a very deep deep end and a nearby terrace that the pole hits so getting leaves out of the diving well is a special form of spastic ballet...BUT I also own one of the leaf masters. In short, I used it to give me relief when back was sore hauling tons of leaves from foreclosure pool...then it was very useful though less efficient in terms of time than a leaf rake used properly.

Now, since I never let my leaves accumulate to that degree, I do not bother to set it up.

A second usefulness is in swampy conditions when you cannot see -- it will "pick up" larger debris whie you just stand there.

To make it work best, put a floating ball or something in the net to keep the net verticle. It will get collected leaves sitting around doube drains (eventually) but so too will the leaf rake if you use a "sweep" motion to dislodge them and then on backswing collect them.

Like I said, spastic ballet is the key ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. lol :)

Do you have the Leaf Master or another brand? I'm looking at this one, too:

Amazon.com : Stanley 28816 Leaf Vacuum : Swimming Pool Handheld Vacuums : Patio, Lawn Garden

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.