Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leaf Master

1. Back To Top    #1

Leaf Master

Does anyone have any experience with the Leaf Master?

Amazon.com : LEAF MASTER : Swimming Pool Handheld Vacuums : Patio, Lawn Garden

It seems like this (or something like it) would be absolutely perfect for what I need.

Any thoughts?
    Wendy
    1980s 20x40 in-ground beast, 36K gallons, 4' - 8', vinyl liner, Sand Dollar sand filter, two skimmers, bottom drain, three returns
    TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Leaf Master

I had one of those at my last house and the one I'm in now...they were already there from the previous
    owners. I haven't had a need to use it, but looking at the design It would seem to work well.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

i have one and would not purchase again. It is of very limited capacity, a little bit unwieldy to move around and by the time you have it hooked up to the hose and the handle and into the pool, You could have already finished the job with high quality leaf net......here's one but there are others.leaf net. jpg.jpg
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I agree with Dave, I have used both and once you know the right way to use a leaf net, not like a leaf rake (don't laugh somehow I really didn't know but once I started scooping and not raking - wow!) it is efficient and faster than the Leaf Master.
    Inground Fox pool 19,000 gallons
    16x32 Rectangle with 2' Radius
    Vinyl Liner
    Foxxx f3-24-63 Sand filter
    1 HP pump

5. Back To Top    #5

Alright, so what is the difference in a leaf net and a leaf rake? lol I have leaves at the bottom of my deep end that I can't get up with my leaf net (rake?). I can get to them and get some, but the rest just disintegrate and move around.
    Wendy
    1980s 20x40 in-ground beast, 36K gallons, 4' - 8', vinyl liner, Sand Dollar sand filter, two skimmers, bottom drain, three returns
    TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

I mislabeled mine. That is generally called a leaf rake. Used to "scrape" lot's of leaves from the pool floor.

The smaller flimsy ones are called leaf nets.....used for skimming leaves off the surface.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

Wjaneala, I have a very deep deep end and a nearby terrace that the pole hits so getting leaves out of the diving well is a special form of spastic ballet...BUT I also own one of the leaf masters. In short, I used it to give me relief when back was sore hauling tons of leaves from foreclosure pool...then it was very useful though less efficient in terms of time than a leaf rake used properly.

Now, since I never let my leaves accumulate to that degree, I do not bother to set it up.

A second usefulness is in swampy conditions when you cannot see -- it will "pick up" larger debris whie you just stand there.

To make it work best, put a floating ball or something in the net to keep the net verticle. It will get collected leaves sitting around doube drains (eventually) but so too will the leaf rake if you use a "sweep" motion to dislodge them and then on backswing collect them.

Like I said, spastic ballet is the key

- - - Updated - - -
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Swampwoman View Post
    Wjaneala, I have a very deep deep end and a nearby terrace that the pole hits so getting leaves out of the diving well is a special form of spastic ballet...BUT I also own one of the leaf masters. In short, I used it to give me relief when back was sore hauling tons of leaves from foreclosure pool...then it was very useful though less efficient in terms of time than a leaf rake used properly.

Now, since I never let my leaves accumulate to that degree, I do not bother to set it up.

A second usefulness is in swampy conditions when you cannot see -- it will "pick up" larger debris whie you just stand there.

To make it work best, put a floating ball or something in the net to keep the net verticle. It will get collected leaves sitting around doube drains (eventually) but so too will the leaf rake if you use a "sweep" motion to dislodge them and then on backswing collect them.

Like I said, spastic ballet is the key

- - - Updated - - -
    Thanks. lol

Do you have the Leaf Master or another brand? I'm looking at this one, too:

Amazon.com : Stanley 28816 Leaf Vacuum : Swimming Pool Handheld Vacuums : Patio, Lawn Garden
    Wendy
    TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Mine is blue...think it was called leaf gulper
    In ground extended Grecian, 22,000 gal, Hayward 220t sand filter, vinyl liner, dolphin m4 supreme.
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!
    Helpful Links:
    GET A TEST KIT Chlorine/CYA Chart How to SLAM About Metals & Stains

10. Back To Top    #10

In the Industry

I have a pool service route. After the Santa Ana's hit here in SoCal, the leaf master is the greatest tool ever invented, just my opinion.