Anyone used the Speck BADU(R)Logic range of SWG?

Being hurt badly down here at the tip of Africa by the Rand/US Dollar exchange rate so many US Based SWGs are simply way too expensive. The BADU(R)Logic unit from Speck Pumps (German I believe) is much more affordable and seems to have all of the features of other units.

Has anyone on the forum any experience with one of these units?

I'm not always able to add chlorine every day as I work pretty long hours and if I don't do it nobody does! So I'm thinking of converting to a SWG especially after having swum in a pool that used one recently - the water just felt so much better!

While I'm at it - I'm reading through all the Pool School posts (valuable stuff! - who knew you could use cheap as chips bleach?) and working my way through the posts in the SWG section but haven't yet found a step by step guide to preparing your pool for conversion to SWG. Is there one, should i just keep looking or can someone point me to it?

Thanks in advance

The conversion to start using a SWG is simple, add enough salt to the water for your SWG brand and install the SWG to the plumbing. That said, you should follow these guidelines on getting your water properly balanced for a SWG, Pool School - Water Balance for SWGs.

I have no experience with the BADU SWG.

The key to well balanced water is having accurate test results and adjusting the balance from those results. Test strips do not give accurate results so you should also look into getting a good test kit. I'm not sure what type of kits you can get, here is a link to the kits we recommend, Test Kit Comparison.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.