Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Please allow me to introduce myself ...

1. Back To Top    #1

Please allow me to introduce myself ...

No, I'm not the 'man of wealth and taste' from the Rolling Stones song! I'm just a poor, tasteless Pool owner from Krugersdorp (a city outside Johannesburg) in South Africa - found the site while looking for help cleaning cartridge filters.

Pool is on the large size at 150 000 litres, with a "Marbleite" finish, manually chlorinated, Speck 1500W pump, 2 x Badu Eco 4 Cartridge Filters (in parallel). Excellent advice from this forum has solved my dielemma with the filters which I was getting tired of replacing every season!

Now I'm contemplating installing an automatic salt chlorinator and will be using the site to develop a plan of action and to help me avoid the pitfalls.

Many thanks to the existing members for your willingness to share information.

Regards
    Steve

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Please allow me to introduce myself ...

Welcome to TFP Steve. Happy to have you join us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Texas Splash -

Was remiss in not setting up my signature properly - now setup
    Steve

IG Plaster, 135K litres (35.6K gal (US)), 2 Parallel Badu Eco-Wise Cartridge Filters (6.5m2/70ft2 ea), Speck Single Speed 1500W Pump, HTH Test Strips, Zodiac MX8 Pool Cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Welcome to the forum.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks Dave -

TFTestkits? Checked the site but couldn't see if you you ship to South Africa? A bit pricey when I do the Rand/Dollar conversion but maybe worth it if I can't find decent kits here.

R's
    Steve

IG Plaster, 135K litres (35.6K gal (US)), 2 Parallel Badu Eco-Wise Cartridge Filters (6.5m2/70ft2 ea), Speck Single Speed 1500W Pump, HTH Test Strips, Zodiac MX8 Pool Cleaner