Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New fill after re-plastering

1. Back To Top    #1

New fill after re-plastering

I will be having a pool re-plastered soon, and will fill with well water. I checked and the well water has a CH of ~225. I have read the re-plastering threads and am confident after talking with the person that will do the job he is up to it. I am trying to be prepared, and am looking for advice that I can absorb prior to the refill. I do not want to be caught off gaurd. I just received my TFT TF100 kit today, so I am good for the testing. I have not filled out the information on my sig as of yet as I still have not verified the size. (I am buying this home as of November 30th) Here is the information I do know:

Has a Sta-Bil system 3 filtration (has elements not sand)
    chlorine pool
    112 linear feet in irregular shape with 2 waterfalls about 6 feet high on backside
    6 feet max depth on one end (not middle)
    I think around 18K gallons?

I know I have to brush the pool at least daily for a week, but I need to know the proper procedure to fill. I understand the water chemistry (I think) from reading A LOT here and from maintaining a 400 gallon hot tub for 5 years (I know not the same in size) but similar chemistry. But I do not know what chemicals to add or avoid both in what order or what PPM after a plaster job. Then throw well water in the mix. Just want to be sure I get this right as I want the plaster and the water to be a success with no trouble and long lasting. I am guessing there are do and don'ts. Any advice is much appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New fill after re-plastering

Do I have some links for you! Hold on and get ready to read! Saying that your plaster guy holds the warranty card so run everything by him!

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

AND the most important for last! The whys we do what we do!

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New fill after re-plastering

Thank you so much for the quick reply and all the information. I will definitely take the time to read through everything.

~14K gallon - AquaRite AQR15 SWG - pool Newly plastered on April 9 2016
    TF100 kit - STA-RITE SYSTEM3 Modular Media Filtration - Model S8M150
    Pool water supply from on site water well = CH of ~350 and TA of ~350
    Doheny's Discovery Automatic Robotic Cleaner/Pentair Model 011018 VS Pump
    Sundance Altamar Hot tub separate from pool / central Oklahoma