Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: chemical relationships and side-effects

1. Back To Top    #1

chemical relationships and side-effects

Hello to all,

Is there a chart or place that provides the relationships btw any one of the main 5 test readings [FC, TA, CYA, TC, pH, etc] that if they are off, what it does to the pool and/or what imbalances it causes and what are the fixes?

Thank you very much,
    tstex
    InGround 15K gal, 18'x30' 3.5' to 5.5' depth w/ 9'x9' spillover Spa, Pebblesheen w/ Travertine, Hayward 3 HP VSP, Hayward C4030 Cartridge, Hayward 1.5 HP for 2 Scupper columns, ProLogic, PL-PS-8 Panel, Hayward 400K BTU Heater, 3 ColorLogic LED, Spa Blower, TF-100 w S-Stick, QC Tiger Shark, Autofill

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: chemical relationships and side-effects

Yes, read this - Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

That pared with Pool Math (link at the top of every page) will help you calculate any changes you need to make. Look at the bottom of Pool,Math as there is a section on the effects of adding chemicals.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

The closest I can think of is good, ole Pool Math

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Look at PH. Notice that it talks about TA and borates.

The other link I can think of is this one:

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

It tells you what to add or do if XX or YY is happening with your levels.

Is there any one thing you are thinking of or having problems with?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

If it was only that simple!

ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry is about as close to a single source.

It's not that complicated, but there are many subtle connections between one parameter and the others.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you folks. I know as time progresses and I do more testing read up real time on results, it's that type of experience and interaction that one learns...just wanted to jump start it - thanks again
    InGround 15K gal, 18'x30' 3.5' to 5.5' depth w/ 9'x9' spillover Spa, Pebblesheen w/ Travertine, Hayward 3 HP VSP, Hayward C4030 Cartridge, Hayward 1.5 HP for 2 Scupper columns, ProLogic, PL-PS-8 Panel, Hayward 400K BTU Heater, 3 ColorLogic LED, Spa Blower, TF-100 w S-Stick, QC Tiger Shark, Autofill