I screwed up!!!

Heat a screwdriver you don't value much red hot and force it into the plug. You may have to reheat several times. When things cool down, put the screwdriver in and unscrew it. Lefty loosey righty tighty unless the original was stamped L or there's a warning decal you ignored that said left hand threads. Clockwise tightens, counterclockwise loosens.

Failing that, break out a drill and see if any mechanic-type friends have a set of ez-outs.

Looks like you can still get the part http://cdn.globalimageserver.com/fetchDocument.aspx?id=4dec255d-36e5-4970-b778-9ddcc46b0d48

Richard, thanks for the screwdriver idea, I will try that this weekend.

JVTrain, you are more than welcome to comeby and supervise/assist this new endeavor!

I just ordered the part, it was either 0.00 for shipping for next week or $50 for expedited shipping, guess which one I selected!

Most drain plugs are 1/4" pipe thread. You can get one at any hardware store. I would suggest brass. Also, if the drain plug goes into a cast iron part, I would suggest coating the threads with a marine grease to prevent the threads from rusting. But, don't block the hole. Try a magnet near the hole to see if it sticks. If it does, the part is cast iron.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.