Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: In-floor question

1. Back To Top    #1

In-floor question

We are having the A&A in-floor system put into our new build, and I'm wondering if the leaf catcher part is needed or not? We live in southern AZ, and our PB says it's an extra, not a part of the basic in-floor system (he hasn't gotten a price yet). Just trying to get a sense of if I should go with one, I'm leaning towards yes, since I'd guess it would keep my filter cleaner for longer periods of time. Thanks in advance for the help!

PS... I know many don't believe the in-floor to be worth it, but folks around my area really seem to like them, especially with the newer venturi heads.
    34x22 freeform, 94'/20,200 gallons, 3.5' to 6', Mini Pebble Aqua Blue, 8' lagoon shelf(18"), A&A in-floor, Venturi skimmer, A&A channel drain, 3 returns, VS3050 pump, Pentair CC420 filter, AQR 15 Salt System, 1 Intellibrite 5G light, 1 globrite in shelf, Heat Siphon Z575HP, 24" sheer decent, Decking will be stained salt finished concrete

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: In-floor question

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...leaning-system
    somebody here reviewed in this thread if you have not read it. I think that system would work great if you needed to heat your pool, more efficent because warm water rises.
    15x54 swim & play vinyl metal wall AG
    Hayward S210T sand filter 1.5 HP Pentair Superflo vs
    Rheem raypak 130,000 BTU mv ng
    Jacuzzi 345 whirlpool bath
    TF-100 test kit, HM digital com100 Wanda the Whale

3. Back To Top    #3

My consideration on the leaf catcher is - can it be added after the fact or does it need to go in at build?
    Build thread
    IG Gunite w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, 18K gallons 500sqft
    Jandy: 60 DE filter, 2.0 VS (main pump), 2.0 Flo Pro (features)
    Paramount PV3 w/ 1.5 Stealth, PDA PS6, JXi 400K NG
    Flagstone coping & wall. Stamped Concrete from BrickForm. TF-100 w/Speed Stir.

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm not sure if it can be added after or not, I'll have to check into that. And yes we are heating the pool as well, decided to go with a Heat Siphon Z575HP, (we'll be around 16,500 gallons).
    34x22 freeform, 94'/20,200 gallons, 3.5' to 6', Mini Pebble Aqua Blue, 8' lagoon shelf(18"), A&A in-floor, Venturi skimmer, A&A channel drain, 3 returns, VS3050 pump, Pentair CC420 filter, AQR 15 Salt System, 1 Intellibrite 5G light, 1 globrite in shelf, Heat Siphon Z575HP, 24" sheer decent, Decking will be stained salt finished concrete