Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New build in N. Ft. Worth (pics inside)

1. Back To Top    #1

New build in N. Ft. Worth (pics inside)

I found this forum while searching reviews of our builder, and ran across this thread (I wish I would've found it prior to choosing our builder), which was very informal and I greatly appreciate OP sharing his/her experience. Our pool build still in progress, I will be updating this thread regularly.

Pool picture album here.

Start date: Sep 23, 2015
    Finish date: In progress
    Pool size: 14'6" x 17'6" x 33'
    Gallons: 18.500
    18.5k gal, 14'6" x 17'6" x 33', Stonescapes pebbles, Oklahoma Flagstone, VS-3050, .75 HP WhisperFlo pump, Lengend cleaning robot, IntelliChlor SWG, Clean and Clear 420 filter, Mastertemp 400 heater, Polaris Qt air blower, 3-tier fountain

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New build in N. Ft. Worth (pics inside)

Got the back panels of our fence put up and electricity finished under our patio. Things are coming together nicely. Still need to have the back wall veneer fixed. The back-side veneer is currently a brown-stucco, but should be Oklahoma Flagstone. After that, we'll lay down sod and some minor landscaping.

Complete album here

Sep 20, 2015

Nov 10, 2015
    18.5k gal, 14'6" x 17'6" x 33', Stonescapes pebbles, Oklahoma Flagstone, VS-3050, .75 HP WhisperFlo pump, Lengend cleaning robot, IntelliChlor SWG, Clean and Clear 420 filter, Mastertemp 400 heater, Polaris Qt air blower, 3-tier fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm just south of you in Burleson. Ours is still ongoing also. They did the forms for the decking yesterday and will hopefully be pouring the deck today.
    21,000 gallons, Salt, IG Gunite, Plaster Finish, Free From, Pentair FNS DE cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflo-VS pump, Intellichlor IC-40, 2 port fountains, bubbler in tanning deck, Dolphin M400, TF-100, K-1766, Speed Stir

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Shock11 View Post
    I'm just south of you in Burleson. Ours is still ongoing also. They did the forms for the decking yesterday and will hopefully be pouring the deck today.
    Nice! What pool company did you go with?

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by parrishr13 View Post
    Nice! What pool company did you go with?
    Seahorse Pools in Fort Worth. We met with several before making a decision.
    21,000 gallons, Salt, IG Gunite, Plaster Finish, Free From, Pentair FNS DE cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflo-VS pump, Intellichlor IC-40, 2 port fountains, bubbler in tanning deck, Dolphin M400, TF-100, K-1766, Speed Stir

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

I can't tell a difference in your before and after pics.

JK...Awesome transformation!!

Neat little fenced in area. Is that for dogs or kids? Or you?
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreswim View Post
    I can't tell a difference in your before and after pics.

JK...Awesome transformation!!

Neat little fenced in area. Is that for dogs or kids? Or you?
    Haha! Check out the album! It is 100% different. Wife and I are still trying to get used to it. The fenced in area is for our kids (four year old and one on the way).

8. Back To Top    #8

I enjoyed looking through your album. What a transformation! Your rock salt deck turned out great. Is it colored and if so, what color did you go with?

Congratulations on the baby on the way! That's awesome!
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

9. Back To Top    #9

That looks good! Just got word this morning that our deck inspection is today and they will finally pour tomorrow.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by JamieP View Post
    I enjoyed looking through your album. What a transformation! Your rock salt deck turned out great. Is it colored and if so, what color did you go with?

Congratulations on the baby on the way! That's awesome!
    Thanks! The decking is natural color, which I was actually disappointed with. We are new to pools, and weren't told we could have it colored.

Quote Originally Posted by Shock11 View Post
    That looks good! Just got word this morning that our deck inspection is today and they will finally pour tomorrow.
    Thanks!

11. Back To Top    #11

Retaining Wall?

Should I get a retaining wall put up on one side of our decking? They cleaned and graded and laid top soil down the day before we got all that rain down here in TX. I will have to put more top soil down and level it before laying sod.

One side is a little over a foot sloped down that the other. See pics.

(Looking from back door side)
    Right side:

Left side:

12. Back To Top    #12

Not enough of an engineer to comment on retaining wall issue but great backyard redo. The stone work in and around the pool is grand.
    34x17, IG gunite pool, Cathedral shape, Hayward Pro-Logic automation, 40,000 gal T-cell 15, Hayward EcoStar VFD, Hayward Star-Clear Plus C1200 Cartridge Filter, Hayward ColorLogic LED lights x 2

13. Back To Top    #13

Could you put down more top soil and then some plants, like some grasses-purple fountain grass or liriope?

Didn't realize how much it sloped. Maybe some river rock too?
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by jcs2000 View Post
    Not enough of an engineer to comment on retaining wall issue but great backyard redo. The stone work in and around the pool is grand.
    Thanks! The builder did a great job with mostly everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlahoutex View Post
    Could you put down more top soil and then some plants, like some grasses-purple fountain grass or liriope?Didn't realize how much it sloped. Maybe some river rock too?
    I will lay some more top soil down this weekend. I don't want to put and plants, rock, etc. on the outside of the pool. We have about 3-4' strips of grass on the outside of the pool, and about 8' behind the raised wall for kids to play on and such. We still want some kind of backyard. I just don't know if I need a retaining wall on that one side.

15. Back To Top    #15

Why do you think you need a retaining wall? Did the rain water come up close or over the deck?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

16. Back To Top    #16

Sorry for the lack of updates. This past weekend I put down medium and small Arizona Cobblestone in the narrow spaces in between the house, and Oklahoma Flagstone and small Arizona Cobblestone by the pool equip. I think it looks pretty cool.

Still dealing with the builder in regards to issues with the back raised wall. Hoping to come to a resolution soon so I can either lay down sod or get turf installed on the back and sides of the pool. We are not happy at all with the the backside of the wall. There is rebar sticking out, exposed gunite, cracks everywhere, water spots and a large crack from leaky fountain that I've been complaining about for some time now, the wall is lumpy, etc. It's just a mess. Have never had to deal with the BBB but am doing it now. It's just such a drag because we have such a beautiful pool and everything is seemingly perfect except this. I had to involve the BBB because builder was literally unresponsive after last draw was paid. Really really sucks. Aside from that one thing, the builder is awesome and built us such a beautiful pool.

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    Why do you think you need a retaining wall? Did the rain water come up close or over the deck?

Kim
    Father in-law works brick and mortar and he said we should have a retaining wall. So I figured I would ask the experts here

No rain water does not come close or over the deck.

17. Back To Top    #17

That rock looks great there! Good choose! Keep the Roundup on hand to keep the weeds at bay and you should have a trouble free area!

Too bad about the back.........it is almost like he said "I have been paid so I am done". NOT finished at all fella! How has it been to deal with BBB? I hope it all gets worked out in the end.

I don't see a NEED for a retaining wall BUT if FIL............Does he just want to do one? Does he say why you should have one? I don't live there and have no idea of your water pattern when it rains so YOU are a much better judge of what you NEED.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    That rock looks great there! Good choose! Keep the Roundup on hand to keep the weeds at bay and you should have a trouble free area!

Too bad about the back.........it is almost like he said "I have been paid so I am done". NOT finished at all fella! How has it been to deal with BBB? I hope it all gets worked out in the end.

I don't see a NEED for a retaining wall BUT if FIL............Does he just want to do one? Does he say why you should have one? I don't live there and have no idea of your water pattern when it rains so YOU are a much better judge of what you NEED.

Kim
    Thanks for the reply!

I sprayed some Roundup all over before putting the rock down. In hindsight, I wish I would've laid something down that is more effective prior to putting the rock down to help with weeds, but, oh well.

As far as the wall, yea, it sucks. That's pretty much what happened; paid last draw and never heard back until I complained to the BBB. It's still ongoing at the moment.

19. Back To Top    #19

Installed the old 32" LCD TV today on the patio. Will probably upgrade to a 42" LED TV if I can find a good Black Friday deal.

20. Back To Top    #20

Nice touch!

Kim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast