We HAVE a leak and I am unsure what to do or what it is?

Oct 28, 2015
Cypress, Texas
Thank you all for helping me on the other post. We actually had a pipe burst in our attic so I haven't been able to contribute back.

I just noticed this is leaking but I have no clue what it is or how to fix? Any help is greatly appreciated.
pool2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

pool.jpg

That is a check valve. Used to prevent backflow of water which is necessary with SWG pools. Where is it leaking? Looks like you should be able to loosen the fittings on either end of the check valve to inspect it or maybe just have to snug up the fittings on either end to stop the leak.

[IMG
685ae1dd558fa81fe3d84b1975520773.jpg

It's leaking where I circled in red. Ty

Laurie - Houston, TX 12,000 gallons, Rectangular Saltwater IG Pool, Pebble, Hayward pump installed by unknown 2011, ProLogic Automation and Chlorination/Aqua Logic Wireless Remote, Hayward Tiger Shark, Taylor K-2006 (on its way) DE filter Hayward.

If it is leaking at the joint right above that T union with the POOL label on it, you may have to replace the T. If it is leaking just below the check valve which is what your circle seems to indicate, you need to replace the check valve. What I would do first is disassemble the check valve by loosening the threaded fittings on each end of the clear portion and remove the check valve. Inspect the seals of the threaded fittings for problems with the tapered gaskets like nicks or cuts, clean the outside of the check valve where it inserts into the fittings and reinstall the check valve to see if the leak persists before cutting and replacing other fittings.

Thank you so much!!

Laurie - Houston, TX 12,000 gallons, Rectangular Saltwater IG Pool, Pebble, Hayward pump installed by unknown 2011, ProLogic Automation and Chlorination/Aqua Logic Wireless Remote, Hayward Tiger Shark, Taylor K-2006 (on its way) DE filter Hayward.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.