Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: We HAVE a leak and I am unsure what to do or what it is?

1. Back To Top    #1

We HAVE a leak and I am unsure what to do or what it is?

Thank you all for helping me on the other post. We actually had a pipe burst in our attic so I haven't been able to contribute back.

I just noticed this is leaking but I have no clue what it is or how to fix? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    pool2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

pool.jpg
    Laurie - Houston, TX 12,000 gallons, Rectangular Saltwater IG Pool, Pebble, Hayward pump installed by unknown 2011, ProLogic Automation and Chlorination/Aqua Logic Wireless Remote, Hayward Tiger Shark, Taylor K-2006 (on its way) DE filter Hayward.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: We HAVE a leak and I am unsure what to do or what it is?

That is a check valve. Used to prevent backflow of water which is necessary with SWG pools. Where is it leaking? Looks like you should be able to loosen the fittings on either end of the check valve to inspect it or maybe just have to snug up the fittings on either end to stop the leak.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

[IMG

It's leaking where I circled in red. Ty

Laurie - Houston, TX 12,000 gallons, Rectangular Saltwater IG Pool, Pebble, Hayward pump installed by unknown 2011, ProLogic Automation and Chlorination/Aqua Logic Wireless Remote, Hayward Tiger Shark, Taylor K-2006 (on its way) DE filter Hayward.

4. Back To Top    #4

If it is leaking at the joint right above that T union with the POOL label on it, you may have to replace the T. If it is leaking just below the check valve which is what your circle seems to indicate, you need to replace the check valve. What I would do first is disassemble the check valve by loosening the threaded fittings on each end of the clear portion and remove the check valve. Inspect the seals of the threaded fittings for problems with the tapered gaskets like nicks or cuts, clean the outside of the check valve where it inserts into the fittings and reinstall the check valve to see if the leak persists before cutting and replacing other fittings.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you so much!!