Texas A & M

tim5055

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Moderator Emeritus
May 11, 2014
Franklin, NC
Living in the Columbia, SC area EVERYTHING is Gamecock garnet and black. The wife is a football fan and it's too far a drive to get to her Bengals games, so we have taken in a few SC games.

Well, a close friend is from Texas and she is an A&M Aggie. Having a family ranch in the area she invited us to spend a week and go see the SC/A&M game.

Let's just say I was a little apprehensive walking up to Kyle Field wearing Gamecock regalia. You always read in the news about poor fans and how they treat the opposing team fans.

I was AMAZED!! No other way to put it. Outside the stadium, inside walking to our seats, heck even waiting in line for the men's room people kept walking up and welcoming us to College Station, thanking us for attending the game or just a quick handshake and thanks for coming.....

A&M should be proud of the demeanor of their students and fans!

Said it before but VERY proud of my son who is an Aggie (class of 2015) and has just started flight school looking forward to an Air Force career.

The Aggie Ring means a lot in all of the Armed Services......there is quite a presence.

My wife and I were fans from our very first visit.......quite a school to be so big and yet retain such character.

Tim, Did you have to do the Aggie fight song locked arm-in-arm with 104,000 mostly Aggies?? It is all so much fun.

I know the gamecocks and their fans, too. They used to come up to Raleigh to play (beat) NC State

Since I live here, I have been to several games. Some traditions across campus are hard to understand as I didn't go to college here, but the Aggie mindset is strong and vibrant and generous and proud. The amount of construction on campus and around town currently is amazing. Most in my 20 years living here...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.