Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool, new member

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool, new member

Hi, everyone. New pool owner here in the great state of Texas. I thought I would be swimming year round, but it's really cold right now! Haven't heated the pool yet, but plan on doing it maybe this weekend. Got in the spa, it was really nice! The build isn't quite finished yet. Plan on posting a before and after very shortly, with a few pictures, if I can figure this place out, haha!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: New pool, new member

HI! And LOL at the swimming year round! Best laid plans and all of that. Oh you can swim all year round but it will cost you for sure. It is funny how fast the water gets cold!

Here is a great link for you to get you started.

Pool School - Getting Started

You can use photo bucket and such to share the pics of your build. We LOVE pics.

Do you have a test kit yet? If not look in my siggy to see the ones we use and love.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Yep, pool in summer and hot tub in winter.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

I jumped in when it was around 75 degrees - it was pretty cold! Spa feels great. Only a few more items and the entire backyard will be complete.