Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Photos new pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Photos new pool

Photos of new pool more to follow
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Photos new pool

Exciting times! Your post made me think this is a good time of year to build a pool because if it were summer and you had the build going on I'd be sooooo impatient to get in.
    Keep the pics coming
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

More pics, more to come

4. Back To Top    #4

I want to upload more but the file upload on this page only let's you upload 250kb of pics? How do I add more pics?

5. Back To Top    #5

http://

6. Back To Top    #6

retaining wall built by me

Retaining wall built by me

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Photo from Drone.

http://[URL=http://s286.photobucket.com/user/moreira85/media/IMG-20151104-WA0000_zps6mddptqb.jpg.html][/URL]

7. Back To Top    #7

It's looking good man. Nice job on the wall!
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks! that was some hard physical labor!!!! took 3 weeks by hand on my own. Unfortunately I'm dreading having to move that little Japanese maple tree. As it gets bigger I'm afraid the roots may grow and puts the retaining wall out.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by moreira85 View Post
    Thanks! that was some hard physical labor!!!! took 3 weeks by hand on my own. Unfortunately I'm dreading having to move that little Japanese maple tree. As it gets bigger I'm afraid the roots may grow and puts the retaining wall out.
    Japanese maple roots are not considered aggressive (see here). The tree is fairly far away from the wall and there's plenty of open space around it with little root competition. The bigger concern for maples is the fact that they do not develop strong, structural taproots and which can make them prone to being toppled by wind. If you keep the tree canopy well pruned with an opened interior (prune back interior branching), it should be a beautiful tree to look at for decades to come...though the leaf fall into the pool may become a bit frustrating
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

10. Back To Top    #10

Interesting, then possibly I may leave the tree there. I like where it stands. Appreciate the info.

11. Back To Top    #11

Love the drone shot!

Your poor shoulders, back, hands, etc in building that wall! NICE WORK! I bet that saved you several dimes!

What will you be putting around the pool?

What kind of fence will you be putting around the pool?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    Love the drone shot!

Your poor shoulders, back, hands, etc in building that wall! NICE WORK! I bet that saved you several dimes!

What will you be putting around the pool?

What kind of fence will you be putting around the pool?

Kim
    Its my neighbors drone.

For the first weekend I didn't wear gloves, I learned real quick u need gloves.

That wall cost me about $2500 with all material.

Two sides of the pool will be white vinyl fencing for privacy from neighbors, the other two sides will be that black aluminum fencing.

For the decking I love pavers but they are expensive, a lot of work, probe shift here in the northeast. We are probably gonna go with regular concrete with integral coloring.

The deck and fence will b done next spring summer

13. Back To Top    #13

That is no laws/rules you need a fence right away? Here we have to have a fence and gates. I would worry about kids and critters trying to walk on the cover

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    That is no laws/rules you need a fence right away? Here we have to have a fence and gates. I would worry about kids and critters trying to walk on the cover

Kim
    There is a fence around it, just an orange construction fence.

15. Back To Top    #15

There is a fence around it, just an orange construction fence.
    Not to seem blunt, but an orange construction fence does not meet the requirements of a pool fence. To the best of my knowledge the State of Massachusetts has adopted the 2009 International Building Code which has specific requirements for a pool fence.

Generally the building inspectors require the fence before the pool is filled with water. Before the water is added it is a construction hazard which the orange fence would meet the requirements for a fall hazard.

In addition to the building code requirements most insurance companies have specific requirements for residential pools. My insurance company sent an inspector out to verify before they would issue the policy.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

16. Back To Top    #16

Interesting, I know when we had met with the pool builder he had said they had some folks that installed a pool in their yard and left the orange fence around it for over a year.
    I have no issue doing it now but it's getting close to winter here.

17. Back To Top    #17

Interesting, I know when we had met with the pool builder he had said they had some folks that installed a pool in their yard and left the orange fence around it for over a year.
    I have no issue doing it now but it's getting close to winter here.
    Do you have a building permit? The Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ/building inspectors) can advise specific requirements for your area.

Under tort law a pool is what is considered an "attractive nuisance". Is Your Swimming Pool an Attractive Nuisance?

http://www.poolsafely.gov/wp-content/uploads/362.pdf

Here at TFP as many people read without posting or asking questions we try to point out unsafe practices.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

18. Back To Top    #18

Yes I do have a building permit

19. Back To Top    #19

Pool looks great! I can appreciate your hard work and DIY on the wall. I'd do the same thing at my body's expense. That's just how I work. Can't wait to see it completed.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

20. Back To Top    #20

Anyone have any experience with PA bluestone for decking? I've read it can get hot but wondering If it's dependant on the color?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast