Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sand Filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Aiken SC

Sand Filter

I'm a very true believer in this forum as when I set up my pool for this 1st year, the little pump that they gave me wasn't doing the job. I'm sure everyone is asked on this web site, but I haven't found it is what type of sand filter pump should I purchase. My pool is 22' x 54", fresh water.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Sand Filter

I hope this helps just a little bit............

Pool School - Pump Basics

I have a 2 speed pump. I love it. Low speed for day to day running and high speed for cleaning. Mine is 1.5 hp. I use it with a sand filter.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Grand Island Nebraska

Re: Sand Filter

I too have a 22' X 52" round pool. I used the set up in my signature, below, this year. The filter did a great job keeping the pool clean, but my pump is a little big for the filter. I am going to a 27" sand filter for next year and will be selling the doughboy. The new set up will be way over kill for my pool but I like the current I get in the pool with the 1.5 HP pump.
    Intex 22' X 52" Ultra Frame AGP ( 12K gallons) , Intex 633T 2500 GPH (41 GPM) running Doughboy Silica II sand filter (16"dia. 1.4 ' S.A.) ( And doing it quite well, I might add!) Hayward through the wall skimmer, TF100 with Speed Stir. Hard plumbed, Intex fountain ...........