Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Salt water pump recommendation

1. Back To Top    #1

Salt water pump recommendation

We are moving next week and I am thinking that this would be a good time to change to salt.

What should I look for in a pump? Is there a particular pump that works better for an Intex AGP?

Thanks in advance for any advice or recommendations.

Deb... in Tx

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Intex AG 2252 / 10421 Gallons / Vinyl liner
    Pool Set up - May 2016
    2650 gal/hr Intex Krystal Clear Pump- Type B Filter
    Intex SWG
    TFTestkit / SpeedStir Magnetic Stirrer!!! / BBB method only

2. Back To Top    #2
    Longview, Texas

Re: Salt water pump recommendation

Hi Deb,
    Intex has swg/pump systems designed to be used with intex pools. They are realatively inexpensive.
    Link for refrence only. Stuccu: Best Deals on Intex Saltwater System Buy Exclusive Deals 70 OFF Save Big Lowest Price On Intex Saltwater System Best In Stock Fast Free Shipping. Up To 70% off!

Alternately, you could go with more high quality pump and independent swg system. The pumps dont care if the water has salt in it or not, so select what suits you and your pool best.

If you go with a "build your own" swg system, you dont need anything larger than 1/2 or 3/4 hP pump. I would recommend a 2 speed pump if you can find one that small.

A SWG rated for 10,000 gallons would be ok size but 15,000 would be better and provide a long life.

SWG systems operation on 220V electricity, so to keep things simple, pick a 220V pump also.

As for cost, the build your own will be expensive. Do some online looking around and feel free to ask more questions.

hope this helps.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!