QuartzScapes - Go for it or just do white plaster?

We just purchased a house in June with a pool and hot tub. We live in Maryland. The pool was built in 2000 and is in need of resurfacing. Every pool company that came out is telling us to go with the QuartzScapes/Dimond Bright (are they the same?) The typical white plaster (which we have now) is about $5,000.00 cheaper. The QuartzScapes - Tahoe Blue is what I picked out because I would like the pool to have sparkly blue water. We have full sun from sunrise to sunset. After reading the posts on this website from 2013 and all the problems with shading, etc. - I'm totally confused. Do I want this? Would I get the pretty blue water that I expect or would I get a pool with blotches and weird shading that I just read about. Do I make sure to get an acid wash before filling the pool? Please help - I don't want to spend $21,000.00 and not be happy (have to replace tile and coping too). We plan on doing this in April - pool people said that the temperature has to be above 50 degrees. We are going away for a week in May - if we don't brush the pool for a week 2X a day is that going to ruin it. We do have a salt system and I am aware that we will have to use clorine for 30 days.

Hi Adriene,
Welcome to TFP!

With the darker colors of plaster, its more prone to discoloration.

There is nothing wrong with the plaster. For it to come out right, it must be mixed and applied properly, it must be 'started up properly' and the water chemistry after start up must be maintained properly.

Many of the bad stories you will read or hear about, is because the plaster installers mixed it wrong, or applied it wrong, or both.

Here is some good reading material for you to start with.
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster

My recommendation would be to interview the plaster people and get reference of other customers and look at those poos. And ask for copy of the mix procedure and start up procedure, then put your learning hat on, and discuss this more in depth with some of our chemistry experts. We have some really really good ones here that will be very happy to help you.

This may take a bit of time, so take it slow and dont get in a huge hurry. Better to learn before you leap, than to leap without knowing and taking a huge risk.