New Build CT

Wow! It may be taking too long but it looks stunning!! I understand why your anxious to get it finished!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the paver pattern and that dark border really sets it all off nicely! You've got to be really happy the way it's turning out.

Thank you! So long, can't wait till it's over!! I do love the dark border at first I thought it was too much but I think it's perfect now!
8042121085191de2efdc002e37cc9ff8.jpg
70545f6e0a6dc789616e820dd49dc245.jpg

I think the pool is too small.. Restart?!? [emoji12]

shed? what shed? I can't see a shed when I am enjoying the pool! hehe

Kim:cat: (I would wait until it is a LOT cooler!)

The shed bothers me the most out of everything!!! Pet peeve perhaps

Now that's a patio. Big and beautiful, nice.

Yes it's huge I originally disagreed with how big he wanted it... He didn't want to mow lol I think we are about 2100sqft give or take!

I LOVE the large deck. Ours is large too and it pleases me to no end when we've had 50 people over and there is no crowding, between it and the house deck/patio. Can you take a picture of the pool from farther away to give a perspective of the surroundings for thoughts on shade ideas? Also clarify which direction is north. I think I know but want to be sure for shade thoughts.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I LOVE the large deck. Ours is large too and it pleases me to no end when we've had 50 people over and there is no crowding, between it and the house deck/patio. Can you take a picture of the pool from farther away to give a perspective of the surroundings for thoughts on shade ideas? Also clarify which direction is north. I think I know but want to be sure for shade thoughts.

20bd1d565b3ff911b30c703357611201.jpg
0b991ba984158ba06785a631a6d2a08d.jpg
7bfaba09bbf8ebb5c312a86ca212c163.jpg
800c128b2f5fefa279d96eb82cb6459f.png

So I guess North is toward the left side of the shed. Finally got the yard grades woohoo!!! I love how you made Stone pillars and have the umbrellas there! I tried to show my hubby but I don't think that's in our budget anymore! [emoji23]

You may have mentioned it elsewhere, but what is going where the excavated square is off of the deck towards the house? Is that an area you are thinking about the pergola you were talking about? You will need to think about how/when you use the pool. Ours is often used late afternoon and well in to the evening. Which is when the sun is at a much lower angle and the shade begins to be rather far outside the footprint of the structure, and the higher the structure, the farther the shade will be. We opted for taller posts giving us a full 8' of head clearance. It make it look great but does "move" the shade quicker. I also don't recommend building it where it will shade the pool at all. In the northern tier of pool states, you want full sun as much as possible for heating (we don't have auxiliary heating). Ours does shad about 2' of one end of the pool at most during later afternoon so not too bad. A little more come September and lower sun angles. Ideally, for shade movement, the structure being on the south side, like the square, would be best. Though that also may be something that blocks the view of your pool from your house, which I would not prefer. And just for convenience, the link to the pavilion site...http://www.fifthroom.com/pavilions/

Frankly I agree on the store purchased metal framed ones being less stable. For an in-ground concrete pool, they are not the best match for aesthetics and stability. That could be viewed as a snobbish opinion too and I realize that.

Another option is a shade sail. Of course they would have to be removed in winter but they can be designed with that in mind. See link http://shadesystemsinc.com/. Looks more oriented towards commercial, but that's just a pricing issuing! I've seen people here with them.

You may have mentioned it elsewhere, but what is going where the excavated square is off of the deck towards the house? Is that an area you are thinking about the pergola you were talking about? You will need to think about how/when you use the pool. Ours is often used late afternoon and well in to the evening. Which is when the sun is at a much lower angle and the shade begins to be rather far outside the footprint of the structure, and the higher the structure, the farther the shade will be. We opted for taller posts giving us a full 8' of head clearance. It make it look great but does "move" the shade quicker. I also don't recommend building it where it will shade the pool at all. In the northern tier of pool states, you want full sun as much as possible for heating (we don't have auxiliary heating). Ours does shad about 2' of one end of the pool at most during later afternoon so not too bad. A little more come September and lower sun angles. Ideally, for shade movement, the structure being on the south side, like the square, would be best. Though that also may be something that blocks the view of your pool from your house, which I would not prefer. And just for convenience, the link to the pavilion site...http://www.fifthroom.com/pavilions/

Frankly I agree on the store purchased metal framed ones being less stable. For an in-ground concrete pool, they are not the best match for aesthetics and stability. That could be viewed as a snobbish opinion too and I realize that.

Another option is a shade sail. Of course they would have to be removed in winter but they can be designed with that in mind. See link http://shadesystemsinc.com/. Looks more oriented towards commercial, but that's just a pricing issuing! I've seen people here with them.

Sorry just seeing this now, the square off the deck near the house is going to have grass planted and the kids playscape. The patio area around the pool will be fenced vs having the whole backyard fenced. If the kids were older that might of been an option.

I love the sail share idea!!! I'm just yard jealous of you!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.