My new AGP build.

Jun 24, 2007
Kernersville, NC
Well i guess it is time to make my first post, I have been around lurking in the dark for a long time.

I have never used the BBB method because my last pool was a 16' round intex. But i have finally talk the wife into letting me get a 24' round AGP.

I just talked to the grader this evening and we are scheduled to break ground on 4/21 and the installer will be in on 4/23. I am so excited to get started on this new adventure.

I have a b-day on the 24th of the month, and asked my wife for the new test kit, but until it comes in; is there a substitute i can purchase locally for now. Or is it in my best interest to take the water to the pool store 5mins up the raod and then post them here.

I am really glad i found this community and will post pics during the build. :goodjob:

Sounds like you'll have a great setup.

Wal-Mart sells a 6 way test by HTH for about $16. It's good practice for when your grown-up kit arrives for your b-day! (It's what I started with).

You'll be able to make daily tests of your PH and FC, it test for TA and CH also. There's enough solution to test the CYA twice...forwarning you on that.

When you are ready to fill, test your tap water and post the results on this thread and we can advise you of what to expect. Test for PH and TA and Chlorine. You may want to have the pool store do a complete test of your pool water once its filled and circulated....have them run a full set including testing for metals.

When you add the CYA, undershoot your goal a bit as they only practical way to lower the CYA is a partial drain.

Shoot for a CYA level of 30, that way your cheap test kit will be able to read your chlorine levels. According to the chart you'll want to keep the FC between 2-4, and the cheap oto drop test in the Wal-mart kit can read up to 5.

Once you have your good kit (I recommend the TF-100, or the Taylor K-2006) you'll be able to test much higher levels of FC so if you want to raise your CYA to 50 you can as well. In some hotter, sunnier locales people report better results with the higher end of the CYA range.

Hope this helps, good luck with your build. Post lots of pics! :wave:

(When you return to update us, post your updates on this thread - don't start a new one.)

No i did not yet.. I left him a message, because the grader left the sand..I think i am just being paranoid at this point, i want everything to go perfect..lol

Side note: My wife has been in the hospital two nights this week in labor (they wont help the baby along either), so i am just stressed to the max right now

Maybe you'll get a birthday boy on your birthday! :mrgreen: Regardless, Happy Birthday to you and your soon to be little man! You must be very excited! Besides, the 24th is a good day for a birthday!!! It's my daughter's birthday too! 8)

You got an awesome birthday gift with one on the way! Congratulations!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
08-Misc008.jpg

http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s64/jerzeyrep01/Pool pics/

The walls are up and the pool is filling :goodjob: :wave:
I am so stoked to start my season to add to it, its 80 degrees here and supposed to get to 85 tomrrow

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.