Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua Rite no power

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqua Rite no power

I have an Aqua Rite SWG. It initially failed showing very high salt (salt was good when checked at the pool store) and it would cycle the generator on for about 20 sec, the voltage would ramp up and it clicked off. I checked posts and sure enough the current limiter turned to powder in my hand. I ordered and installed a replacement.

When I turned it on I got nothing- no display and no lights. I assumed I had done a ham handed soldering job and ordered and installed a new board. I installed it today and nothing. No display and no lights.
    I have power to the board and the flow switch attached. The T 15 cell is unplugged (per installation instructions).

Anyone have any thoughts? I really don't want to put in a new system.
    Thanks
    Jim
    inground concrete with spa and spillover 14,000 ga
    Pentair Intelliflo main pump 1 hp spa pump and reverse cycle electric heater
    Aqua Rite saltwater chlorine generator
    Intermatic PE153 controller for Aqua Rite and spa pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aqua Rite no power

Sounds like you're not getting any power to the board. Check the transformer on both the input side and output side with a voltmeter. Then check the connection from the transformer to the board and make sure you're getting power to the board.

53K Gallon Plaster in-ground with ALL Hayward equipment including Omnilogic Automation, Phantom Turbo Cleaner, SwimClear Cartridge Filter, Heater, Dual T-15 Salt cells. TF-100 Test Kit w/Speedstir.

3. Back To Top    #3

Any idea which leads are transformer output?
    Jim

4. Back To Top    #4

It looks like I have 120 vac to gnd on E 1,2,3,4. I'm not sure which one is the output.
    Jim

5. Back To Top    #5

Check out this manual starting at page 8. http://www.prolinedist.com/wp-conten...r1.58-2011.pdf
    53K Gallon Plaster in-ground with ALL Hayward equipment including Omnilogic Automation, Phantom Turbo Cleaner, SwimClear Cartridge Filter, Heater, Dual T-15 Salt cells. TF-100 Test Kit w/Speedstir.

6. Back To Top    #6

Exactly what I needed! One pole of the 240 vac breaker was bad. Working perfectly now.
    Thank you very much.
    Jim

7. Back To Top    #7

Glad it worked out!