Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lady Learning...or at least trying to

1. Back To Top    #1

Lady Learning...or at least trying to

Hi, We purchased this house 10 years ago with a above ground pool and hot tub with no manuals, etc. left when the previous owners moved out. We had never taken care of either before, so a huge learning curve! Being a DIY gal, I've searched for make, model, diagrams, and parts to fix problems for the pool & spa. So thankful for being able to look things up on the web! Hoping that this, my first venture on any pool & spa forum, will provide advice on why I'm still having leaking from my spa filter. Following is my first post. Please let me know if I should repost to a different area. Blessings to all of you for being willing to help others!
    Leaking from filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Lady Learning...or at least trying to

Welcome GirlWork

First question is- where is Clinton? Most of our answers require us to know the region or state you're in, because water and weather varies. So if you can expand on that in your profile that's gonna help us a lot. Thanks

We love pics if you have any you want to share? You can upload them to TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing Video Hosting or other photo site and then just insert the link here.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Lady Learning...or at least trying to

Welcome to TFP!

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy
    First question is- where is Clinton? Most of our answers require us to know the region or state you're in, because water and weather varies.
    Dittos to this. If you are concerned about revealing your specific location, you can modify your profile to indicate something along the lines of "Northern Illinois", Western Nebraska", "Eastern Massachusetts", etc. We don't need to know your specific location but do need to know your general location as climate often does play a role in the answers we give.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.