Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Initial pool fill and close at the same time

1. Back To Top    #1

Grand Junction, CO

Initial pool fill and close at the same time

Our pool was not completed in time for swim season. So we are filling and closing it at the same time. I have read this link to closing an inground pool Pool School - Closing an In Ground Pool

but I wanted to see if anything changes since it will be closed before anyone has actually used it. Do I still SLAM it? Or will getting the FC up to a certain level hold? Do I need to raise the CYA up to a certain level before slamming even though it will be covered all winter? This step affects the FC needed according to the chart. Is there anything else you would do differently than the general closing instructions?

Thank you for all your help. With the help of this forum I have been using using the TF-100 kit for about 2 weeks now with my freestanding hot tub so I am finally getting comfortable with the testing and balancing of the water.
    24,000 gal fiberglass IG pool w/ tanning shelf, Intelliflo VS pump, cartridge filter, Autopilot digital complete SWG, Pentair Easy Touch 8 automation, Raypak 400k btu heater, 3 color cascade bubblers, 1 brilliant wonders LED waterfall

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Initial pool fill and close at the same time

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

I think you really need the pool to be open for at least a month or as long as you can before snow and ice so you can brush it. The levels are going to change quite a bit due to the new plaster.

Has the plaster been put on yet? IF not you can hold off on it until the spring and do it then. Just an idea.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!