Dog issues

Jul 21, 2015
Mckinney
I searched but didn't really find anything, and I'm also not sure if this is the place for this...

I have a great dane and a vizsla that poop a lot. After just getting my new sod last week I'm curious what everyone does with dog poop?

Hmm, I guess this is the "everything else" forum. LOL. Cut out a decent sized portion of your sodded are, install pee gravel or similar, teach dogs to us that area only. Problem solved.

We have a large dog (part Rhodesian Ridgeback, part hound) which obviously means large poop. We discovered that if we fed her the high quality meat feeds there is less residual. We have been using Iams High Protein, but recently have started on the Costco Kirkland high protein formula.

Skippy keeps a shovel handy to pick up poop with and toss it into the woods before he mows.
Ive actually seen an advertised company that will scoop poop in your yard for like $5-10 per week.

YippeeSkippy makes a good point about the type of dog food you use, the cheaper ones have a lot of fillers which go right through the dog. It helps that our Mastiff likes to do his business under bushes which help keep things out of the walking areas.

You get to go out first and shovel paths to where you want them to go. I can remember times where the paths were taller than the dogs. We lived in Alborn, which is north of Duluth. It sometimes snowed higher then the snowblower auger opening.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.