Leak in my solid pool cover

Tek

Mar 20, 2015
Louisville, KY
I recently had my pool closed by the builder. I have one of those foxx pool fitted covers. Just like the one in that video. ( Closing Inground Pool With Fox Cover - YouTube ) I was outside today clearing the leaves off and getting ready to pump the water off the top when I noticed there was a lot of resistance against the cover. I looked underneath and saw that the water level was nearly back to the level it was during the summer season. I can't see a hole anywhere, not seeing any bubbles, but I'm sure there has to be a hole.

I don't have the funds currently to replace this cover with a safety cover so more than likely I'm looking at a tarp type of cover with the water bags holding it in place. So my question is, he drained the water below the skimmers when it was closed. Now everything is winterized so I can't use the backwash to lower the water. Do I need to lower the water past the skimmers again? I would assume so and that will probably take a great deal of time due to the type of pump I have.

Wayne WAPC250 - 50 GPM 1/4 HP Automatic iSwitch® Pool Cover Pump

I just bought this house in April and I gave him 300.00 to do this closing. Now I need to shell out more money for a cover. Any ideas on a good one but cheap?

I was looking at these on Amazon.

Amazon.com : Robelle 391840R Supreme Plus Winter Cover for 18 by 40 Foot In-Ground Pools : Swimming Pool Covers : Patio, Lawn Garden

As a temporary fix, I would attempt to patch the cover, locate the hole if possible. Is there any other way that the pool could have been filled such as an autofill that was left on by mistake? I would drain the pool below the skimmers again, even if it takes your pump a long time to do so.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.