We have finally decided after years of putting if off to go ahead and install an inground pool. Our property poses a bit of challenge since it a a 2ft slope where pool needs to go. We will need a retaining wall built around the pool and would like it to extend on the back of the property that cost along would be about 6-8K.
I have got 2 serious bids out of the 5 vendors that I have tried. One of the vendors with 42 years experience installing fiberglass and vinyl told me to go with a gunite pool with 8 inch interval rebars after looking at my site and soil conditions.
Pool finish -- diamond brite or maricite. Which is smoother? Which last longer?
Pool coping --- Limestone or cantilever coping with cool decking? Which would be cooler? Which would last longer and cause less trouble?
We are next to the subdivsion common area with numuerous trees so we get a lot of leaves and debris in our yard. We are going to probably have to run the filter on a slow setting most of the time so the skimmers will catch the leaves before they sink.
Pool pump -- variflow or 2 speed pump which would be best for the above use?
On the designs we like aspects of both so we have not decided on one yet. Thinking of adding a water feature to the first one and a swim out to the second one.
Any help or comments would be welcome.
Quote 1 First -Picture
1. 265 sq ft Salt water pool 3.5'-5.0’ deep.
2. Plans and permits.
3. Liability and workers comp coverage.
4. Layout, excavation and form.
5. 3/8" Steel rebar to be placed at 8" intervals.
6. Shell to be a minimum of 6" thick.
7. 12" bond beam around entire pool with ½" rebar.
8. Gravel under the pool.
9. Hydrostatic relief valve.
10. ¼" poly void spacing caulked for expansion between coping and concrete.
11. Required grounding of pool shell, decking and equipment.
12. (2) Skimmers with dedicated lines, 2 anti-vortex main drains with dedicated line. All
plumbing within 35 feet included. Anything over is extra.
13. (4) Returns with directional eyeballs.
14. Customer to supply electrical to pool equipment location. Brian Keith Pools to
supply from there to all pool equipment including lights etc. (If my electrician needs
to run the supply line to the panel he usually charges me $2 per linear foot.)
15. Travertine Coping with customer’s choice of color (some colors may have additional
cost such as Silver). Other copings are available such as concrete, blue stone etc;
cost will vary)
16. Customer to choose waterline tile with $6 dollar per sq. ft. allowance.
17. Pentair Legend Pool Sweep with ¾ HP booster pump.
18. Plaster to be customers choice of "Diamond Brite" Watercolors. (Onyx, Midnight Blue & Ocean Blue will have additional cost)
19. (1) Pentair CNC 320 Cartridge Filter.
20. (1) Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed pump. (energy efficient pump)
21. (1) Pentair Easy Touch 4 Panel.
22. (1) Intellichlor (salt cell system).
23. (2) Pentair Globrite LED pool lights.
24. (1) Pentair automatic water leveler.
25. (289 sq ft) Brushed Concrete with footing (there are other options such as Sundek,
stamped, travertine etc; cost will vary). Deck drain included.
26. (1) Year warranty on entire pool.
27. (3) Year Manufacturer’s warranty on equipment. Pool Sweep pump warranty is 1
28. Lifetime non-transferable warranty on gunite shell.
29. All start up chemicals, pole, net, brush, vacuum hose, vacuum head & test kit
Retaining wall cost $35 square foot -- 180 square ft. needed est $6300
Quote 2 -- Second picture
1. 251’ Salt water pool Per Design Plans.
2. 3.6' to 5.6’ Deep.
3. Plans and permits.
4. Layout, excavation and form.
5. Shell to be a minimum of 6" thick with a 12 inch beam.
6. 3/8 Steel rebars to be placed at 10" intervals.
7. 100% 4 point required grounding of pool shell, decking and equipment.
8. (2) Skimmers with dedicated lines, 2 anti-vortex main drains with dedicated line. All plumbing included.
9. Pentair Filter Upgrade to Pentair 420 Cartridge) ($000.00
10. Pentair Whisperflo Pump - WF-26 1.5 HP
11. (5) Returns with directional eyeballs
12. (1) Pentair white pool light.
($435.00 Upgrade to LED Colored Light)
ADD Extra White Light $510.00 ADD Extra LED Light $895.00
13. (0) Benches
($350 for 4 feet $20 each foot after)
14. (0) Bubblers (0) Tanning Ledge
($95.00 each for each bubbler)
15. Cantilever Coping
16. DX3 Pool cleaner
17. White Marcite Plaster
18. (0) Feature Pump
19. Pentair Easy Touch 4 Panel with IC 40 Salt Cell Generator.
20. (0) Umbrella Holders
21. (251) sq. ft. concrete decking. (Spray Deck Upgrade $3.50 per foot)
22. (0) Deck Drains 1 ½ inch wide.
($100.00 per 10 ft Section 1 ½ inch channel drain)
23. (1) Year warranty on entire pool.
24. (3) Year Manufacturer’s warranty on equipment.
25. Lifetime warranty on Gunite shell.
26. (00) year warranty on Plaster.
27. All start up chemicals, pole, net, brush, included.
WATER FEATURE WALL
(8) Ft Wide by (15) Inches Tall
((1) 3 ft wide Sheer Descent
To upgrade to Super Blue Diamond Brite or any white base Diamond Brites Quartz Plaster) it would be an upgrade charge of $945.00.
Retaining wall cost $2000 per 20ft.