Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Worth an upgrade or not? Aqualink

1. Back To Top    #1

Worth an upgrade or not? Aqualink

All-

We signed up for a pool and have a Aquilink 4. Im using all these but curious my LED lights in pool are both wired to one function. Is upgrading the AquilinK to an 8 zone one worth it. Its cost is 1700. At that point I would put in some bubblers.

Anyone know why else I should upgrade?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Worth an upgrade or not? Aqualink

Do you have a spa?
    The cost difference is 1700? That seems steep.

Without knowing the specifics of your pool plan it's difficult for me to comment. For most pools without a spa four relays are sufficient. But I really need more specifics to respond.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Its infinity edge with a reflection spa or negative edge water over flows its all tile...

4. Back To Top    #4

Just my 2 cents but I'd go with the aqualink4 and plow the extra $ that you would spend on the 8 into one or more of the optional accessories.
    Pool: 13k gal. in-ground; Stonescape Mini Pebble - Tropics Blue; Connected Spa - dual spill-over; Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG; AquaLogic PS-4 Automation; Sta-Rite DE Filter; Sta-Rite Max-e-Therm 400k BTU pool heater; Intellifo 2-VST Pump; Stenner 45mp2(25psi/10gpd) acid injection; Bulbwizard color LED pool lights; Poolvergnuegen 2 wheel side suction cleaner; FAFCO rooftop solar. TF-100 w/ speed stir.

5. Back To Top    #5

What are examples of the accessories?