I have an Aqua Logic P4 automation system.
My builder originally installed a large Pentair Niche and incandescent 500w light, I burned out the light this season when I was draining draining pool for closing and the water dropped below the light (lesson learned).
What are my options to go to Color LED? Those light shows look cool, I'm just not sure it will be bright enough for my pool as I only have one niche and I read the color lights were only equivalent to a 300w light.
Aside from that,
1. what equipment will I need to upgrade to a color LED? Can I continue to use my Pentair Niche and fixture and only the bulb inside is changed?
2. Do I need to stick to Hayward in order for it to be compatible with my Aqua Logic system and remote?
3. Will the Aqua Logic P4 system be able to do a color show? I'll see the options in my Aqua Logic menu?
4. Do I need to upgrade to a Pro Logic PS-4 system? Is there a board upgrade available? I've only seen that offered as a kit when purchasing the Goldline Sense and Dispense ad-on.
5. Do I just stick another incandescent in there, change to a white LED?
Thank you for any help and advice you can provide.