New Pool - Equipment mismatch and pressure issues at infloor

Jun 8, 2015
Brighton East
Hi, All

Little background first. I am a newbie here from Melbourne, Aus. My first pool. (see pic below)
The pool is 60,000L, salt chlorinated.
Equipment: Paramount V3 Infloor cleaning, Pentair VS 3HP power (2.2kw nominal) pump, Aqualink RS with web interface, Zodiac Tri-XO Salt chlorinator and Pentair RP Clean/Clear 200 SQ-ft cartridge filter, Zodiac LZR heater.
The system is driven by a single pump only.
Water:
Crystal clear, good chem balance at present. No algae, etc.

Issues: There is not enough pressure to drive the in-floor system. The system works but the pressue at the valve basket is between 5-7psi (which isn't sufficient to keep the floor clean). The nozzles do pop-up and rotate but there is still debris around the pool. The problem seem to be the cartridge filter.

Cleaned the filter as per instructions here: Barely any difference.
Change to a new cartridge element - Barely any difference.

Removed cartridge element from the filter - Pressure restored, everything runs well! Pressure at the infloor is 15-17psi.
So I am thinking the problem is with filter size/type. It seem that my current filter is severely restricting the pump flow(i.e. suffocating the pump). Raising pump speed causes further pressure increase at the filter but barely does anything to the infloor pressure.

Is 200 sq-ft cartridge filter too small for the 3HP pump?
I hear that most people use large size sand filter with the infloor system?

My PB is avoiding my calls and not sorting the issue out.
So what shall I do? Change the filter to a 30 or 32" sand filter?

Much appreciate any help
Vlad
pool.jpgpool2.jpg
pool2.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.