Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Why not SpaMath?

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Why not SpaMath?

We have PoolMath (which is awesome!) so why not a dedicated page or a dedicated section in PoolMath for Spa Math? Many TFP users have either attached spa's or stand-alone hot tubs (sometimes both!!). Not that the math is vastly different, there's just some missing chemicals (like doing bromide/bromine calculations). Just a thought...i know this is mostly a pool forum.

As for PoolMath, is there any way to up-date the "Effects of Adding Chemicals" section to add in some calculations for chloride increase? I've already seen at least three threads in the last few months with people wondering why their salt tests are showing large increases and the answer is that some of their additions (muriatic acid mostly) increase chloride content. It would also be nice if the inputs could use units of gallons or quarts so that the user doesn't have to convert everything to ounces...not hard, I know, but just an "ease of use" thing.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Why not SpaMath?

I vote spa math. I would like to have a spa placed next year and this would be an awesome addition.
    27' Above Ground, 18K gallons, 1.5 hp pump, Cartridge Filter, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Why not SpaMath?

It would also be nice if the inputs could use units of gallons or quarts so that the user doesn't have to convert everything to ounces...not hard, I know, but just an "ease of use" thing.
    I've got a "to-do" list saved that is ever growing that I'll add this to attempt to address over the winter. Great idea!

As for the Spa additions, I'll have to look more into this as I'm unsure just how much it differs from maintaining a typical pool. I'll look at this and see if it's possible to do.