Fire pit

Nov 3, 2015
Tampa Fl
Hello,

I just had a side yard of pavers installed with a 3 ft wood burning fire pit. Here is my concern. The fire pit is located directly over the pool lines to the pump. The ground was dug out to where the lines are located for draining purposes and filled with small river rocks. Is it safe for the lines to have wood burning fires in the pit? Will the rocks get too hot and damage lines? There is about 3-4 feet of stones. Any experience or recommendations appreciated.

Can you show a picture? It's hard to visualize what you're describing. But I will say that at no point should any of your underground pool lines been exposed. Once buried they should have stayed that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How deep are the pool pipes to the bottom of the fire pit? I would be worried about heat as well as the ash from the pit sitting on the pipes. I can also tell you that my BBQ pit sits off the ground a good 16 inches but will still get the concrete hot under it.

Most likely 3-4 feet will be enough to dissipate the heat from damaging your lines, especially if the pump is running because the water will pull any heat away from the lines quickly. It would be much better if you still had 3-4 ft of highly insulating dirt in between, but I doubt you will cause any damage with a small fire.

That said, I'm not an expert and won't be held responsible ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.