Laterals - sand filter

schrody

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 20, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
When screwing the laterals back in...does it matter what direction the slots are facing? Or is it more important to screw them in tightly?

I seem to recall the slots facing down when I disassembled but if I screw them in tightly they point in all kinds of directions.

PS. I'm not claiming my memory is any good.

Since they are submersed, the direction would seem to be irrelevant. Tight would seem to be the requirement.

That said, I'm doing something I shouldn't do.....I'm guessing. Some of the folks who truly know the correct answer will be along soon.

That would be my guess too. Thanks for one vote backing it up! :)

Adding to the problem...the plastic holder at the bottom of the filter that the lateral assembly sits on top of has come loose. So to add to the debate: do I center it as best as possible and let the weight of sand hold it in place? Or must I go to the hardware store for some type of adhesive? :?

Update: Just went to get an epoxy for the holder. Still curious if anyone else has an opinion on the laterals.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.