I recently bought a house with a L shape in ground pool (36' long, 18' width 1, and 25 width 2). The previous owner didn't bother to close the pool for the winter. I live in New York and it is pretty cold already, so i would like to close the pool as soon as possible.Since this is my first pool, I have a lot of questions and would love to get suggestions from you.
- Should I hire a professional to close the pool? I've been watching a lot of videos on how to close the pool and they seem to be pretty straight forward.
- The previous owner has a safety cover, but it is all torn up... I don't think it can be repaired. They also have a plastic cover, it is a POS and won't be able to properly protect the pool from the winter. What cover do you recommend?
- What are the must have items?
- Any store that you would recommend?
- The pool already has anchors installed, if i get a new safety cover, do I need to install new anchors? My concern is that old anchors now are useless and they are just annoying holes in the ground now...
- Since it is cold already, how long does it usually take to get the cover if I order one right away?
- Any good videos that you would recommend for me to watch in general?