New Texas Pool

Thanks it was like a 5k difference. I went to look at kits when I started this process thinking I would save money. Not the case at all.

Additionally though when looking at these thing please make sure your looking at apples for apples etc there is a lot to look at from board size to board spacing to material type and notching

I agree about looking at the materials used and what type of construction methods are employed. We had a pergola built October in anticipation of our pool and intviewed 3 builders. The last guy had the price right in the middle, but he had the best construction techniques (notched) and used the sturdiest cedar boards and posts. Plus, his was the biggest design. It ended up being 24'x16' with 12" posts. He used 2x4's for the slats on the top, spaced 2" apart so they look very sturdy, won't warp, and we get plenty of shade. We really like it. Now if only we can get the pool built so we can use it the way we envision. (Of course it would help if it would stop raining...)

I agree about looking at the materials used and what type of construction methods are employed. We had a pergola built October in anticipation of our pool and intviewed 3 builders. The last guy had the price right in the middle, but he had the best construction techniques (notched) and used the sturdiest cedar boards and posts. Plus, his was the biggest design. It ended up being 24'x16' with 12" posts. He used 2x4's for the slats on the top, spaced 2" apart so they look very sturdy, won't warp, and we get plenty of shade. We really like it. Now if only we can get the pool built so we can use it the way we envision. (Of course it would help if it would stop raining...)

Jamie-

Show me a picture of that it sounds great would love to know what you used for beam and rafters. Instead of 2x4s I'm using 2x6 but 3 inch spacing sounds real close to yours. I have seen many people with over sized pergolas.

Jamie-

Show me a picture of that it sounds great would love to know what you used for beam and rafters. Instead of 2x4s I'm using 2x6 but 3 inch spacing sounds real close to yours. I have seen many people with over sized pergolas.

Here are a couple of pictures. You can see how we only have one cross beam per post, instead of one on either side of each post. The post is cut out on the side of the beam to support the weight of the beam, instead of having the whole weight supported only by the bolts going through. The parallel cross beams are also notched. (Sorry, I can't remember all of the correct terms of the pergola parts, or the exact sizes of all of the beams. I can check for you with my husband if you're interested though.)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 410
From what I've heard, it doesn't have to happen that way, but can be all too common. Just look on the bright side... Since your gunite is in, there is no danger of cave-ins from rain.

Sorry, I feel for you. It stinks to have things stall like that.

Maybe a sit down with the PB is in order?? We have seen other builds that seem to stall for one reason or another. There might be a good reason-----wait on the A-team of tile? Best to ask.

Hugs! You are in a good spot as Jamie said-SAFE from cave ins.

Kim

Kim yea that is what the owner said that not a lot of crews could do the tile work. There is a lot of tile and small ones.

That said they ordered the tile late, it was on wrong paperwork just seems that things are disorganized. I was pulled away from work to pick grout color.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well today we got message head construction super coming out due to wrong size spa at gunite.

The wrong quanities of grout showed up and in correct vaneer. Were missing one tile selection. Half measures continue. Poor choice in pool companies.

The spa is too far out from the side of the pool. Its a reflection spa. There is suppose to be a 6 inch gap around the spa. They have a 12....I can take pictures latter just fed up with errors I warned them at rebar. Then again post gunite.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.