New Texas Pool

If that picture of Martin's pool does not MAKE you get lights...........nothing will. THAT is how it should be!

Martin, how many lights, how far apart, what kind, etc. Details please so we can help him spend more money!

Kim

kimkats,

The builder used 4 LED lights spaced about 10' apart and are part of the Pentair automated lighting system. The lights are located on the inside wall of the catch basin (under water) and directed towards the waterfall. I can control the basin lights separate from the pool lights. Within the main pool, I have 5 lights and a shelf light.

BUT saying that............dark plaster is harder to get right. There have been some that showed molting pretty bad.

Ha, Kim I'm gonna have fun at your expense here. Molting plaster would be REALLY bad - pealing off like a crabs old, too small shell. Mottling however, is strictly a visual occurrence.

Bottom line is darker finishes = more likely mottling. The extent, severity (or if it even occurs is impossible to predict). One caveat is that darker shades of basic marcite will always have mottling. Whereas darker pebble/quartz, etc finishes, are "more likely" to.

Well I sure did learn something! THANKS bmoreswim! Now I have to comment this to memory. I HATED and was (and still am) very bad at spelling in school. Now give me a standardized test-------which of these words are spelled wrong? I can get those all day long BUT do NOT ask me how to fix the spelling! LOL

Kim

Guys-

Ive been having trouble uploading photos. Here is gunite today. Btw thank you guys i found mistakes in rebar and sizing they were going to unite because I knew that to look for.

IMG_3817.jpg
IMG_3816.jpg
IMG_3814.jpg
IMG_3815.jpg
IMG_3806.jpg
IMG_3805.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at that 1st Picture that pump in corner has to go. I told PB they agree it was mistake but haven't come back with anything.

I did decide to get a Pebble Upgrade to pearl wet edge or satin. Im picking colors and thinking I'm going to pick something very dark hue.

Im done with upgrades I chose not to upgrade the troth with lights i won't be behind the pool

The pump is for the infinity edge but they are moving it. There working on it now.

Somehow my plans weren't relayed right to audit. The contractors and subs paperwork showed my tanning shelf at 7 foot it was suppose to be 8. The gunite guy fixed it. Also my benches on plan were only 18 inches wide they were suppose to be 2'

I did upgrade from the default grey plaster to wet edge pebble it cost 3k. Is that a lot for this size pool?

The pump is for the infinity edge but they are moving it. There working on it now.

Somehow my plans weren't relayed right to audit. The contractors and subs paperwork showed my tanning shelf at 7 foot it was suppose to be 8. The gunite guy fixed it. Also my benches on plan were only 18 inches wide they were suppose to be 2'

I did upgrade from the default grey plaster to wet edge pebble it cost 3k. Is that a lot for this size pool?

Did you get a variable speed pump for the infinity edge?

Every area, PB, pool has such different price points it is hard to say if it is a lot or a good price. Sorry :(

Where did the contractors and subs get plans with the wrong numbers on them?

I am grateful they were able to fix it!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Price seems about right. We did the upgrade to satin matrix for $2500

Looking at the original diagram of your pool plans (and it's hard to read the dimensions in some places), I can't see how it can really be 4600 sq ft. What are the dimensions of your pool? 4600 sq ft is really huge! Is it the infinity edge that is making it so big?

Maybe he means 46,000 gallons? A rectangular pool with square footage of 4600 would be 100ft X 46ft. (or many other length and width combinations to equal 4600). I haven't looked at the specs for this pool.

It's certainly possible. If correct, I want that pool. I'd love it! That's nearing Olympic size!

Suz.

badcrc, I hope your pool holds more that 4600 gals. My above ground pool in my siggy holds 25,600 gals. Know I know my pool holds more than some in ground pools but...........not that much more.

At least it will cheap to fill and balance the water!

Kim

Not a lot done this week. Moved the pump that was out by the edge and here is the Pergola note those posts are 10x10 (cedar of course)

Took a design from Western Timber Frame and had it replicated locally to save $
IMG_3892.jpg
[/URL]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.