Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Texas Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

New Texas Pool

After fighting the worse HOA, neighbors, and the city and county of Houston we are starting our pool attached is the design for an infinity edge pool. The tanning shelf is 13.6 by 8. We decided to use this silver, black and white tile combo on the tile shelf and benches but not the SPA. Speaking of SPA we upgraded to the 16 jet system with platinum and choose creating a negative edge spa we used reflective tiles see below.

We are decking the small 8x14 area for a day bed the area across is for a pergola or pavilion. We are deciding that now. Pools max depth is 8 foot. We did put in quite a bench on the pool it should be nice when its done. The whole back side is infinity pool parameter is 135. IMG_3688.jpgIMG_3717.jpgIMG_3716.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Texas Pool

Any chance of a close up in the drawing? Look likenits gonna be awesome!
    40x20 Rectangular (3'to6' depth),Cantilevered Deck, Whisperflo 2HP FullRated, DE 60 SQft Filter, 2 Intellibrite 12V 5G Color Lights, Intellibrite Controller

3. Back To Top    #3

Can't wait to see this one!
    My Pool Build (2015): inground 12K gals gunite/plaster pool, SWG, 2-speed pump, cartridge filter, gas heater, and polaris cleaner (Jandy). TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

4. Back To Top    #4

What are the dimensions of the pool? It looks huge!
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Love the tile! Looks like it's going to be a beautiful build. Sorry you've had trouble with your neighbors! The HOA seems to be trouble for many.
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Marlahoutex View Post
    What are the dimensions of the pool? It looks huge!
    Yeah the pool is 35 feet long and 19 or 18 wide thats not including benches and tanning shelves or reflection spa. The tanning shelf is 13.6 x 8'. Should be good ill post up a better drawing when I have it tomorrow. Hopefully there here soon to lay it out.

7. Back To Top    #7

I'm in for this one.

You have to give us the details though on the HOA/City/Neighbors thing. I didn't think Humble was subject to City of Houston ordinances. My condolences....

I'm in Kingwood and just getting started on Stormwater engineering....

plat.
    Modern Geometric-ish Social Pool (4'-5'-4') ~13' x 47'. Sun shelf. Perimeter overflow spa. RiverFlow Swimjet. Dog ramp. "Bubble Lounge"
    Link to my patio build, completed 2013
    Link to my pool build, Aug '15 - Sep '16

8. Back To Top    #8

And so it begins. Digging started Friday commenced today and back again tomorrow to finish. Heres a shot of my fire pit I'm putting in.

This will be a good build infinity edge pool with tanning shelf and reflection zero edge spa. Lots of extras! Im putting a oversized Pergola in same time with a good sized travertine deck.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Back To Top    #9

Let the mud and fun begin!

Make sure you check the measurements after the dig. Add in about 8 inches for under the steel and over the steel. Check the ledge, benches, steps, etc to make sure they are the size you want in the end. Even if it is what is on the plans you might want to do some changes and NOW is the time to do so.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

Kim, nice avatar! It did change didn't it???
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

11. Back To Top    #11

I just added it. I did not have one before!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

12. Back To Top    #12

Oh, I must need to borrow Suz's glasses!! Or maybe I just need a younger brain! LOL!
    Marla

13. Back To Top    #13

Very nice design and love the choice of tile! I can see all those black, white, silver tiles....glistening in the sun. cool, understated. with a splash of red thrown in all over the place with towels, cushions, flowers!
    27' Above Ground, 18K gallons, 1.5 hp pump, Cartridge Filter, TF-100 Test Kit

14. Back To Top    #14

I am sure you will love the infinity edge. Ours turned out to be 40' x 27'. You can check the archives for "new build in south Texas"

15. Back To Top    #15

Welcome!!! This is a great place to get ideas and spend more than you planned lol

Where in Texas are you? We just built in Dallas area
    Free form pool 90'3" prim, 14180 gallons. TF100 Kit In pool table with travertine top, 3sheer descents, Depth 3.5-5-4, Jandy 2HP pump, Inline Chlorinator, Wetedge Satin Matrix Antigua.

16. Back To Top    #16

Im in North Houston. I absolutely love Dallas though. I use to work up in Plano area.

They started plumbing yard is pretty trashed. I can't wait to see Gunite phase

17. Back To Top    #17

badcrc, We would LOVE to see some pics of what had happened so far. It is also a good idea to have pics of your plumbing to save for just in case down the road.

Kim

18. Back To Top    #18

Guys I'm really worried about my plaster choice we didn't upgrade. My pb is saying 3500 to 5500 to upgrade. I'm not sure if I should do it, but with the tiles choosen I'm thinking a dark bottom would look good exspecially with the travertine (silver).

I'm considering led lights in the troth as well

19. Back To Top    #19

Welllllllllllll We (I) are known to help spend money so..........Yes a dark bottom would really set off those tiles!

BUT saying that............dark plaster is harder to get right. There have been some that showed molting pretty bad. There is one recent one (Indigo Blue is the poster's name) where it turned out great! It REALLY depends on the skill of the plaster crew AND the after care.

Lights in the troth would be awesome...........One idea that popped in to my head when I read that was rope lighting......not sure how that would work but I think it would look so neat!

Kim

20. Back To Top    #20

If your talking about lights in the catch basin, its a good idea. Otherwise, it tends to be dark in that area. Here is a pic of ours with the lights

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast