Winter Pool Cover in TN?

Jul 12, 2015
Ooltewah, TN
So the question is...now that I have my concrete done and most of the leaves have been in and out of the pool...What's the point of a cover if I have a fence around it(installed this week).

Do you have one?

My problem is that I would hate to drill 20 holes in the concrete. The other option is a tarp and bags, but I hear many negatives on that too. We don't freeze much, plus I have freeze protection on the pump, so it will kick on. Sure, every year I will have to clean the leaves off, but it really hasn't been a big issue.

Thoughts?

If you don't mind cleaning off the leaves in winter, I see no big deal. I used a cheap tarp and water bags last year, and I'm doing the same again. Your biggest risk, I imagine like mine is losing power during a freeze. It happens seldom, or for very long here when it does, but it's a risk I'm willing to take to prevent winterizing. It's a pretty safe risk, and it takes quite a while for 2" lines to freeze solid.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.