Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Folks,

I'm using the TF-100 kit and when testing TA I notice the blue reagent (R-0011L) is very difficult to squeeze a drop out. It's so hard to squeeze I'm afraid I'm going to pop out the insert in the top. Is this normal or should I run a needle down the top to clear it?

Thanks!

Chris

Wow! I didn't mean to break rules just had a minor problem that seemed to be easily fixable. I was able to find a post from Chem Geek posts that indicates the reagent is an indicator so the amount isn't critical. Once I realized this I took the top off and poked a needle down it. This dislodged a chunk of crud and everything is OK. No need for anything more.

Thanks.

Chris

Chris

Glad you were able to easily resolve this issue. Drops should come out well-formed and without difficulty from most bottles. The only ones that are harder are the smaller 0.5 ounce bottles for the R-0010 and R-0011L in the TFTestkits TF-100 because being smaller bottles they are harder to squeeze. Also, the CH test indicator dye (R-0011L) tends to form smaller drops than most other reagents but being an indicator dye its amount is not critically important. Of course, it shouldn't be stuck/jammed with crud in the tip (no bottle tip should be blocked).

We actually experimented with a more "squeezable" bottle a couple of years ago.

The issue we didn't like is it would tend to dispense a drop sometimes when you were not prepared.

One drop of that reagent makes a mess so we decided not to change anything.

Folks,

Just to close the loop with everyone on here. I did email Tftestkits as Duraleigh suggested. I got an almost immediate response from them. This was not a big deal to me but it certainly was to Tftestkits! They have already contacted their supplier and offered me a replacement if the problem every happens again. Wow! It's refreshing that a company is so concerned (obsessed may be a better word for it) that every single drop of product sold is perfect!

Running a small business in the US is tough and I love it when one is this good!

I'd like to declare this question resolved and say thanks to all!

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.