Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Problem with TA reagent

1. Back To Top    #1

Problem with TA reagent

Folks,

I'm using the TF-100 kit and when testing TA I notice the blue reagent (R-0011L) is very difficult to squeeze a drop out. It's so hard to squeeze I'm afraid I'm going to pop out the insert in the top. Is this normal or should I run a needle down the top to clear it?

Thanks!

Chris
    -Chris-
    2013 In-ground plaster/pebble, screen enclosed, 12000 gal w/ Jandy 2 speed 1 HP pump, Jandy CS 200 cartridge filter, 800 gal spa w/ 1.5 HP booster pump, Solar heater, 2 LED lights in pool 1 light in spa, TF-100 test kit, The PoolCleaner Next Generation, Jandy RS-12 Automation system with iAqualink 2.0 control, Separate Hayward/Goldline Solar control

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Problem with TA reagent

I have a PM in to the owner for you about this. He should be here in a few.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

By forum rules, no one (including TFTestkits) is allowed to do "customer service" on the forum.

Please send your issue to Tftestkits@gmail.com. Include your Name and Telephone number and they'll get you squared away quickly.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Wow! I didn't mean to break rules just had a minor problem that seemed to be easily fixable. I was able to find a post from Chem Geek posts that indicates the reagent is an indicator so the amount isn't critical. Once I realized this I took the top off and poked a needle down it. This dislodged a chunk of crud and everything is OK. No need for anything more.

Thanks.

Chris

Chris
    -Chris-
    2013 In-ground plaster/pebble, screen enclosed, 12000 gal w/ Jandy 2 speed 1 HP pump, Jandy CS 200 cartridge filter, 800 gal spa w/ 1.5 HP booster pump, Solar heater, 2 LED lights in pool 1 light in spa, TF-100 test kit, The PoolCleaner Next Generation, Jandy RS-12 Automation system with iAqualink 2.0 control, Separate Hayward/Goldline Solar control

5. Back To Top    #5

Glad you were able to easily resolve this issue. Drops should come out well-formed and without difficulty from most bottles. The only ones that are harder are the smaller 0.5 ounce bottles for the R-0010 and R-0011L in the TFTestkits TF-100 because being smaller bottles they are harder to squeeze. Also, the CH test indicator dye (R-0011L) tends to form smaller drops than most other reagents but being an indicator dye its amount is not critically important. Of course, it shouldn't be stuck/jammed with crud in the tip (no bottle tip should be blocked).
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

6. Back To Top    #6

The R-0011 does get hard to dispense when it gets cold. I don't know why. Perhaps keeping it warmer would help.

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

We actually experimented with a more "squeezable" bottle a couple of years ago.

The issue we didn't like is it would tend to dispense a drop sometimes when you were not prepared.

One drop of that reagent makes a mess so we decided not to change anything.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

8. Back To Top    #8

Folks,

Just to close the loop with everyone on here. I did email Tftestkits as Duraleigh suggested. I got an almost immediate response from them. This was not a big deal to me but it certainly was to Tftestkits! They have already contacted their supplier and offered me a replacement if the problem every happens again. Wow! It's refreshing that a company is so concerned (obsessed may be a better word for it) that every single drop of product sold is perfect!

Running a small business in the US is tough and I love it when one is this good!

I'd like to declare this question resolved and say thanks to all!

Chris
    -Chris-

9. Back To Top    #9

If only ALL companys would do business like that! NICE!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit